Park Hyatt St. Kitts

the_dylaness

Hello,

We are planning to try out the new Park Hyatt St. Kitts resort in January. Reviews on this location seem limited- anyone with recent experience? Specifically, which restaurant will you have lunch at and is it a fixed menu or order from the menu? Any experience with the spa?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Was just next-door at Cockelshell Beach in January 2019.  Walked around point as far as we could and got a great look at the new Park Hyatt.  Can't walk onto their beach as it is blocked by Hyatt buildings.  It looks beautiful.  The beach was not crowded at all and everything is brand new.  

We used to go and sit on Banana Bay (where the Hyatt is now) before it was built.  It's a really beautiful natural beach.  

I think it would be a great day pass.....although I do understand it's expensive.  It is a beautiful location!

• Like 1

Resort for a day offers a day pass at the Hyatt for $149 per person. 

clear1x1.gif clear1x1.gif
Park Hyatt - St. Kitts
Total Price: $149.00
Deposit Required: $149.00
btn_addtocart_small.gif

clear1x1.gif
Luxury beachfront resort INCLUDES 2-course LUNCH, non-alcoholic beverages, 2 pools and beach access
Child Pass from $60. 
Edited by paul58
information update

We are back from our day pass to Park Hyatt. It is a stunningly beautiful resort. It did not feel crowded.  Getting lunch was a little confusing (not clear which restaurants and which items included, waitstaff did not know). Drinks are stupidly expensive (cocktails were 15 if I recall- plus 12 % fee, 10 % service charge, and gratuity at your discretion.)  eventually we just ordered one app each and one sandwich each delivered to pool and figured we would work it out later as it is a long walk to reception. It was fine although gratuity was not included so we did pay for that. The pool is very cold- of probably 12 adults at the adult pool we never saw anyone actually get in- dip their toes, make a face, get out. The family pool was also chilly- I only ever saw two people in there and I suspect for the same reason.  Ocean also too chilly for me to swim but I can forgive this as of course they do not control other nature. There are apparently heated pools in the spa but single sex only- I came with hubby for a romantic visit.  If I was a resort guest I would be angry as swimming really was not possible- honestly I can’t believe I spent 300 for the passes, 80 in taxi rides, and 18 in gratuity to not be able to swim.  So it is gorgeous but I wouldn’t return unless maybe with a girlfriend or my mom and we could use spa pool together

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 7:29 AM, paul58 said:

Resort for a day offers a day pass at the Hyatt for $149 per person. 

clear1x1.gif clear1x1.gif
Park Hyatt - St. Kitts
Total Price: $149.00
Deposit Required: $149.00
btn_addtocart_small.gif

clear1x1.gif
Luxury beachfront resort INCLUDES 2-course LUNCH, non-alcoholic beverages, 2 pools and beach access
Child Pass from $60. 

$149.00 + bar tab!!?? Hmmmm we did the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf resort on Curacao, that property make's this place look like a Motel 6 it was $124.00 that included everything. EVERYTHING. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:15 PM, the_dylaness said:

We are back from our day pass to Park Hyatt. It is a stunningly beautiful resort. It did not feel crowded.  Getting lunch was a little confusing (not clear which restaurants and which items included, waitstaff did not know). Drinks are stupidly expensive (cocktails were 15 if I recall- plus 12 % fee, 10 % service charge, and gratuity at your discretion.)  eventually we just ordered one app each and one sandwich each delivered to pool and figured we would work it out later as it is a long walk to reception. It was fine although gratuity was not included so we did pay for that. The pool is very cold- of probably 12 adults at the adult pool we never saw anyone actually get in- dip their toes, make a face, get out. The family pool was also chilly- I only ever saw two people in there and I suspect for the same reason.  Ocean also too chilly for me to swim but I can forgive this as of course they do not control other nature. There are apparently heated pools in the spa but single sex only- I came with hubby for a romantic visit.  If I was a resort guest I would be angry as swimming really was not possible- honestly I can’t believe I spent 300 for the passes, 80 in taxi rides, and 18 in gratuity to not be able to swim.  So it is gorgeous but I wouldn’t return unless maybe with a girlfriend or my mom and we could use spa pool together

Boy sounds like you had a time!! How sad. They'll either work the bugs out or they wont. In the meantime there are too many other great resorts on this island to enjoy. That's a whole lotta $$$$ for a whole lotta nuthin!!(that's how we say it in West Virginia:classic_blink:). Thanks for this great info. Todd

Wow I'm glad we didn't book this!! We used the Marriott back in 11/2015 and got a room for the day which was cheaper than 6 day passes. Think the whole day cost us about $250 for the 6 of us. We purchased drinks at convenience store near hotel and stored in mini fridge in room. Got some munchies and some sandwiches also. We will be there in April at st. Kitt and I was looking at the park. No way would I pay that unless all was included.