Log Your Exercise Progress Here

RB Bonzo

Let's help encourage each other to get MOVING!

Post your exercise achievements and goals here.

Yesterday, my wife and I took a 50 minute walk after dinner; I'm not sure what the distance was. It was a fairly hilly trip, and I was out of breath on the hills, I'm afraid.

Today, we are going to ride bicycles after dinner.

What did you folks do and what do you have planned for today or tomorrow?

:)

this morning i ran 5 miles.....this is huge since when i started in january i could only run for 1 minute

tomorrow i am running again-

i am running my first 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks....so training is really key now!

nancy

I'd love to join this thread. Might keep me a little motivated.

Today I attended my step aerobics class at lunch after strength training and after dinner I walked/ran for 2.5 miles after just a little strength training.

Laura

Hi everybody!

I just found this thread...

I've been seriously trying to do something since July 1st.

I am working out 5-6 times a week and eating 5 small (200-300 calories) meals a day... and I have lost 10lbs so far.

My workout is interval training on my treadmill every time and then upper body weight training 2-3 times a week.

This is a modified "Body for Life" workout... and is only 20-25minutes a day... I have a few weeks to Lose before the Cruise... I hope to lose another 10lbs by then.

Thanks for joining the thread. I am at an earlier stage of my program and have quite a bit of weight to lose.

Last night I biked with the kids as planned. We went to a park where there was a concert. Mostly downhill getting there, which was a snap. But that meant uphill coming back. I made it, though, which is better than I can say I did when I last tried it a couple of weeks ago.

This morning, I went to the health club and lifted weights. Tonight, I will either walk or, more likely, back to the club for cardio.

Keep the reports coming!

Dan

How do you handle mid day cravings?.

Hi, RV

Mid-day cravings aren't a problem for me as I'm busy at work. My two main problems are:

1. overeating (and eating the wrong things) at meals, and

2. cravings at night.

The most successful strategy I've found for the overeating at meals is to get myself on a program and rely upon it. When I give myself slack, I take advantage of it.

As for the night cravings, I've found 94%FF microwave popcorn works best -- very filling, low fat, high fiber, few calories. Exercising in the evening helps, too.

Dan

another suggestion for night snacking (which i was really guilty of!) is to find something that keeps your hands busy-i crochet and i cannot eat and crochet at the same time so it keeps my hands occupied.

also, I now always take my lunch with me to work-a very carefully packed, low cal lunch and then i am not tempted to eat out and overeat! i have also saved a ton of $$ by packing lunch!

nancy

Today I did a 20-min. Pilates video. Tomorrow I'm going to ice skate for an hour and a half--5:30-7:00 am! :eek: Actually, I do that 4 days a week.

My major goal is to pass two more figure skating tests before my next cruise. (I leave 8/2/07.) Last November I got back into the sport after having quit for 4 years--and after having a baby!

I plan on taking one of the tests on Aug. 23rd, so hopefully in a few more weeks, I'll be halfway to my goal! :D

Hi Folks!

40 minute sculpting class with about 15 mins of strength training before the class. Tonight is a rest night from the treadmill/elliptical. Tomorrow will be a full exercise day for me.

Laura

Yesterday did weight training in the morning (Nautilus circuit). In the evening, I did brisk walk (just a mile) and then played 2 on 2 basketball w/ my kids and one of their friends for a half hour. That worked up quite a sweat.

Nothing this morning, but Linda (my wife) and I are planning to start ballroom dancing lessons this evening.

Now the exciting news - - this morning, my daughter (she's 14) suggested that she and I start doing a morning bike ride together. We'll start that tomorrow.

Great work everyone - I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can reach the activity level of some of you!

Dan

Hello everyone. I would like to join this thread. I have been doing weight watchers for a little over a year and I have lost 47.5 pounds. I hit a horrible plateu for months I have finally broke out of that. I would like to lose 17 more pounds before my cruise in November. 27 would be great but I am being realistic. I love to execise but also love food.Anyways today i ran 6.5 miles and lifted weights for 40 min. Tommorow being the weekend I will do a little less maybe 3 miles and 3o min on the arch trainer. Some days I need motivation. I am the one always pushing the people I work out with ,but no one pushing me.:D

good job on the exercise everyone!

this morning i ran 3 miles and worked with the trainer for an hour.....tomorrow is my off day and then sunday is the long run day (9 miles this week!)

have a great weekend everyone!

nancy

We did the dance lesson last night; it was an introductory lesson with a local Fred Astaire dance studio. Quite a bit of fun, and doing triple step swing dancing is a workout!

Today, the plan is to ride bikes and lift weights at the gym w/ either cardio or basketball in the mix.

I am so sorry I just found this thread today; I've been logging my exericise on a different page! LOL

Yesterday I went to the gym: 20 minutes of strength training for upper body, 1 hour of power yoga, and 30 minutes of cardio. I have been on this regime for a total of 2 1/2 weeks; while the scale doesn't show a significant change, I can actually pull my pants off without unbuttoning them; granted, I have to give them quite a tug and wiggle, but I've come a long way from the snug fit that cut off my circulation!

Keep up the good work everyone; enjoy the summer by going for a fitness swim!:)

189 lbs / 180 lbs / 130 lbs

Welcome, Guineveire!

The whole family went to the gym this morning; I did 1.75 miles on treadmill followed by circuit weight training. Linda did an eliptical for 20 minutes followed by weights, and the kids lifted weights and played basketball.

We may do a bike ride this afternoon, too.

Dan

Hello everyone. Today I ran 3 miles, did 40 min on the eliptical,lifted weights for 30 min.,and walked the dog for 25 min. I did the same yesterday except I did not walk the dog, I was to tired.(poor dog) So my exercise is done for the day. I like getting it done early then I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day.:D

Great thread!

Yesterday I rode my stationary bike for 50 minutes, worked with hand weights for 30 minutes.

I walk during the work week everyday for 30 minutes at lunch time so will do that today. I'll work for 1 hour after work doing stomach crunches, leg lifts and yoga.

Tomorrow I'll walk at lunchtime then go for another walk, 40 min., after work using 1 lb. hand weights.

such an inspiring thread... and ppl who seem highly motivated and active. trying to make good of my gym membership and will go to do cardio and strength training today. i leave for my cruise within a month. i'm for the most part where i would like to be... sans a bit of toning. trying to maintain my shape.

this morning i did the elliptical for 30 minutes and strengh trained for an hour

tomorrow is running day......7 miles

i find i can only run every other day or my right knee gets sore

keep working out everyone!

nancy

Archived