The Westerdam ship

Kate45

We are sailing on the Westerdam to Alaska next year. Not only is this our first time to Alaska, our first time on the Westerdam, but also our first time on HAL! Any info about the ship itself would be great - any tips or not so great things about her since drydock - especially from recent or upcoming cruisers. Thanks. Oh, we are in an inside cabin so you can leave out info about other categories

There is a list to the right of this thread. It is headed 'See posts about' and below that are listed all of the HAL ships. Click on Westerdam and see lots of threads. You will not be able to post to the threads, just read. It is not a forum for each ship. EM

I'm familiar with inside cabins. Where is yours located, and what category?

The insides on Main Deck, and some of the I-category insides on an upper deck, are huge. The others can best be called 'cramped'.

We are I category on deck 7 cabin 7049. Is there a dining room used for anytime dining, which one? Are the pastries/snacks in the cafe free of charge? Does the pool have a retractable roof? Lots of ???'s

We are I category on deck 7 cabin 7049. Is there a dining room used for anytime dining, which one? Are the pastries/snacks in the cafe free of charge? Does the pool have a retractable roof? Lots of ???'s

The lower dining room is used for Open Dining. Yes, the pastries/snacks in the Explorations Cafe are free (beverages are not). Yes, the Lido (midship) pool has a retractable roof.

Jumping in here: the lido pool does have a retractable roof -- the aft pool is open air.

I was on deck 7 on the westerdam and really enjoyed that location. Not too far from lido deck or crows nest (10).

Last year anytime dining was the lower level of the MDR, while set dining was all the floor above.

The snacks in the cafe are free of charge. Drinks are for sale. Trivia was up near the cafe and twice I grabbed a little something with out ordering any coffee or drinks, never felt weird doing so.

One thing I did find unique, if you are using the forward elevator bays, you go through the spa front desk/waiting/reception to get to the pool and buffet. At first I felt like I was intruding to walk thru, but it was the only way. After about a day, everyone else was doing it too and it just was the path to the pool.

Hope this info helps u prepare!