Kind of panicked on a price jump post-booking

CBVest

Hey all-

We've only taken 2 cruises and never cruised with Royal Caribbean but we booked today and everything looked find. Now when I go back in and look at my account, all of our BOGO savings from today have disappeared. It's about a $3500 jump if they've truly disappeared. I'm 41 minutes into being on hold but I am turning to you ladies and gents to see if I should be panicked or if this is the norm and it will reconcile later. Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!

Hey all-

We've only taken 2 cruises and never cruised with Royal Caribbean but we booked today and everything looked find. Now when I go back in and look at my account, all of our BOGO savings from today have disappeared. It's about a $3500 jump if they've truly disappeared. I'm 41 minutes into being on hold but I am turning to you ladies and gents to see if I should be panicked or if this is the norm and it will reconcile later. Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common occurence. They should be able to take care of it on the phone call.

There's a known "glitch" in RCI's web site that "removes" sales prices when you check your reservation on line; outrageous that they haven't fixed this. It sounds like this might be what happened to you. (It did to me a month ago. The price really hadn't changed, it just looked as though it had. I panicked too before I called them and learned of this "glitch.") Sadly, I think you do need to call them to fix what is showing on the web site. I presume you have a booking confirmation email that shows the correct pricing.

Thanks all, I knew I could get an answer here sooner than on the phone! Unfortunately, sounds like I still need to stay on the phone to get it right. Thank you so much though! Happy belated Thanksgiving all!!!

Hey all-

Assuming you are booking on the phone, ALWAYS request the confirmation by email. Stay on the phone with the CSR until you have received and reviewed the confirmation and validate that the price is correct. This way, if anything screwy happens with the price post booking, you've got proof of your original terms. Good luck.

And, all is good. Just as you guys said, for some reason the system kicked out the sale price, credit, etc. I've gotten it fixed and have a second set of documents to back that up. Many thanks!

Now all you have to do is to stay out of the reservation until you cruise!:rolleyes:

Now all you have to do is to stay out of the reservation until you cruise!:rolleyes:

Seriously, every time I've gone into my Cruise Planner since the same thing happened to me, I worry. It truly is absurd that RCI knows this "glitch" exists and hasn't fixed it.

This is unacceptable. It’s so hard to imagine this much of a cluster with any business and folks being ok with it. After next weeks Freedom cruise I’ll be happy to be past the silly business of checking and rechecking drink packages and excursions and my booking to be sure I’m not being ripped off. Thank goodness for cruise critic and everything learned here to mitigate the losses

Hey all-

Happened to us and a call to RC fixed the problem.

Same thing happened on my current cruise a month ago. They still tell me that CAS savings isn't combinable with no refenundable deposit. I never got my original invoice after booking online.

Today I log in and it says I owe $30 even though I'm 14 days past final payment. I DO have my paid in full invoice.

All these issues make me want to look into carnival but I know we would constantly be comparing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk