Parking @ Port Everglades

Donh44

I read somewhere that handicap vehicles equipped with a ramp can park for free. Can anyone tell me about this? I believe our ship will be at pier 2. Can we drop off our bags and the wheelchair person and then park the van? Any info on this would be great

I read somewhere that handicap vehicles equipped with a ramp can park for free. Can anyone tell me about this? I believe our ship will be at pier 2. Can we drop off our bags and the wheelchair person and then park the van? Any info on this would be great

Starting with your second question first - yes it is easy to drop off bags and passengers at terminal 2 and then have the driver park the vehicle.

The answer to your first question is detailed on the Port Everglades website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/disabled-parking/). Check it out to see pictures of the various qualifications.

disabled parking

parking fee waiver for the disabled

In compliance with
, parking fees are waived at all Port Everglades lots and garages to disabled persons operating vehicles with
ONE
of the following qualifications:

• Display a Florida Toll Exemption Permit as explained in
    (see example below)

• Vehicle is modified with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot and hand controls for use by a disabled person (see example below)

• Display the "DV" license plate from any state - Disabled Veteran - issued under
    (See example below)

How many days do they charge you for an 8 day cruise? Sounds dumb but if you park on Sat and come home on Sunday a week later, that would be 9 days. Or do they not charge for disembarkation day?

You are charged by the number of NIGHTS you car stays there.

They charge per day. 9 days. We parked from Thursday to Sunday and we paid $68 so $17 a day.

I believe it's $20 per day. Not sure if there is a limit after which it's free like in NYC.

From the website (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/parking-rates/):

parking fees

• $3 for 0-1 hour

• $6 for up to 5 hours, and then $1 per hour thereafter up to daily maximum

• $15 daily maximum

• $19 daily maximum for oversized vehicles (those that exceed the standard width and/or height of a parking space).

All daily rates begin when you pull the parking ticket from the machine at the garage or parking lot.