Intercontinental or YVA

I waited too long to book, and the Holiday Inn at Port of Miami is booked up for Feb 1. We want to be near the port, and we won’t be in Miami till 3pm. Been there before, and don’t need to be near touristy things. We just want to be in a scenic area that we can walk around. Do you recommend the Intercontinental or YVA? It’s a $100 price difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assume you mean the YVE Hotel in Downtown Miami.

Pretty huge gulf in properties for that relatively small difference during peak season. Though I searched that date and found the difference to be $120-125 or so for a "view to be determined at check-in" room at the IC.

The YVE has almost 13% of TripAdvisor reviews as poor or terrible. Most properties you want to avoid if that number is over 5%. Sure makes the decision to spend a little more pretty easy in this case.

Locations are pretty much the same. YVE is a bit of a step below the Intercontinental. It all depends how important room size and luxury feeling of the hotel is for you. YVE is a 3.5 star type of urban hotel, small rooms, small bathrooms. Where the Inter is a larger resort style hotel.