I have a new diagnosis and need food help on Escape and the one port

kcdancerkc

of Burmuda. I have a few months to collect my data lol.

I have an autoimmune disorder that makes my mouth super dry. Med helps somewhat, but not enough.

Looking for the most moisture in my foods without resorting to soups and ice cream only lol.

Many times since I have never liked most condiments, I dip fries and sandwiches in bbq or ranch.

I know ship desserts are usually dry and not sweet enough or flavorless, so what would fill my bill? Calories not a problem. I actually need to gain for the first time in my life :eek:

When we went on the Sky several years ago I lost weight in 4 days which was good at the time

but teen nephews barely ate! Yuck

Hopefully Escape and Bermuda will give me some creamy options or I will have to resort to drinking too many umbrella drinks to keep my potassium up!

So hoping to find creamy sweet desserts and descent pastas, good sauces and gravies, etc.

I have read the threads of what is dry or tasteless, so what is not

in your opinion?

Any good seafood on the island would also be a plus, and /or things I can buy on the island to bring back on the ship........think about those verrrry moist rum cakes in the Caribbean......mmmmmm

OR things I can purchase for our stateroom we can find in Manhattan?

Thanks so much for your input!

This is a special trip for us, and the last thing I need is to be gone from home for 9 days and not fit in my clothes and swimwear that fit at the time of packing. :cool:

Yes both cruises....and a third booked, that is a first! We work to travel! No fancy jewelry, house is older and not above our means, drive older cars....stopped buying Stuff

And at this age ....50s

want to make memories :D Life is short

At this point I / we have to get away from phones and emails for absolute R and R. We are landlocked. Except many lakes....do not count 😂

And Ships are the way to visit beaches and we fly to all inclusives, and road trips to the beach, and for the first time must deal with a new health challenges !

This site has almost always been so very helpful!

Water? Iced Tea? Coffee? That’s where a lot of moisture can be found. You need a water bottle or an attentive waiter, because the glasses onboard are small.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about your health issue. I am not a medical professional of any sort, just someone who tries to watch what I eat to stay healthy. I have high rheumatoid arthritis markers. On a ship it's a constant battle since you never know what ingredients are in the food. I feel like a real pest asking so often if a particular dish has dairy or flour in it.

My concern for you is related to this. In your quest to eat dishes with more moisture, you will be consuming things that work against anti inflammatory issues. All of the gravies and sauces and soups will have inflammatory ingredients.

Again, I am not a doctor. But I find my cruise is much more enjoyable when I stick to food that is lightly processed or not processed at all. My inflammation problems result in swollen and stiff joints, bloat and indigestion, and low immunity (and we know how much germs like to travel!).

If I eat lightly and cleanly my trip goes much better. One good thing about staying with one cruise line, you have sampled every thing on the menu so you don't feel like you are missing anything when you eat simpler meals.

Is there a way to incorporate moisture by drinking something while you eat? Has your doctor discussed inflammatory foods to avoid with you? In my experience, managing auto immunity is all about gut health. I hope you can work this out, dealing with health issues is definitely a way to dampen the fun of a vacation!