Internet on the Getaway

kdj

Has anyone had experience with the internet service on the Getaway?

We've been on some ships where it takes your 250 mins. just to get logged on! ;)

What say ye experienced users? Is the wifi on the Getaway a pleasure or a frustration?

We had the unlimited internet package on GA 2 weeks ago. Best coverage of any NCL ship we’ve been on.

And still slower than a 300 bps dialup modem.

Not true! I was on the Getaway two weeks ago and the speed was OK unless you tried to stream content. I have told you a million times not to exaggerate! :evilsmile:

We've been on some ships where it takes your 250 mins. just to get logged on! ;)

What say ye experienced users? Is the wifi on the Getaway a pleasure or a frustration?

I was on the Getaway the first week of this month. I had the less expensive unlimited package and while it wasn't as quick as at home it was certainly usable. I got about 2.5 MB download, and 1.5 upload. I did not try to stream anything but I had no trouble doing the things that I normally do at home. No frustration at all, and it was live until noon on the day of disembarkation.

This is absolutely UNTRUE, or also know as FAKE NEWS. If you haven't been on board recently and tried it you should not give this type of info. I actually ran speed test on the ship and got about 2.5MB download. Sure its not GB speed, but it is certainly fast enough to use the web, e-mails and most anything you want to do except stream video.

I was on the Getaway last week. We had one premium unlimited package and one social media package. Both were good the first couple of days and then sucked by mid cruise.

My daughter had all kinds of issues with the premium package and gave up using her iPad the last two days.

I had issues uploading more than one photo at a time on Facebook using the media package.

I had a hard time doing my on line check in for my flights on the last day of the cruise using the premium package. Everything was ridiculously slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...