FLL to Port Everglades car rental shuttle

pamrose228

Much confusion about which agencies participate in the shuttle service. I have rented a car from Hertz precruise and have several reservations post cruise for another one. I also have been told some folks are having problems getting rentals due to the recent hurricane.

Which agencies will pu at or with shuttle. Last time I cruised from there 2 years ago most did.

Last February I rented a car from Hertz and drove from Melbourne to Ft. Lauderdale Airport to return the car before my cruise. I had been told there was a shuttle there (there had always been one since I have been cruising). Surprise - it had ended the week before and we had to carry all our luggage "miles" through the terminal to the taxi stands and wait in line behind 100 people to get a taxi.

Hoping they returned the free shuttle to the port.

If you return the car to the off airport sites, much greater chance of a shuttle. May also be a cheaper rental...our Hertz rental last March was 25% cheaper returning off site. And there was a shuttle. Discussed here frequently.

I got a car from FLL for a week at $10/day on priceline. Nothing was cheaper. If necessary I’ll call an Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We haven't used Hertz but have rented from Avis which has a car return just across 17th Street from the port, I think it was near the Hilton hotel. They have a free shuttle to the port. For next spring we have a car reserved with Budget which also has a return near the port with a free shuttle. You might check the rates with those rentals to see if competitive with Hertz.

We haven't used Hertz but have rented from Avis which has a car return just across 17th Street from the port, I think it was near the Hilton hotel. They have a free shuttle to the port. For next spring we have a car reserved with Budget which also has a return near the port with a free shuttle. You might check the rates with those rentals to see if competitive with Hertz.

Costco has given us the best rates using Budget picking up at FLL and returning it to the 17th Street location....they do have a free shuttle to PE from there. Also have used Thrifty/Dollar (just outside the PE port gate) again free shuttle into the port.