Best time of year for Bahamas

monkeygirl1

We were given a free 7 day cruise out of New York on the Norwegian Pearl. It looks like we can take it anytime in August through December in 2012 as well as in April. When do you recommend we go?

Hurricane season runs from june 1 to the end of November with the most activity from August - mid October. So keep that in mind.

I love early November - it's off season, no crowds and the water is still warm - nites have cooled down. Of course, with it being off season.. some of the restaurants are on alternate schedules and some things aren't open.. but that's ok with me. Hate the crowds and touristy things anyway

April is ok.. as long as it's not the week before or after easter.

October, November or December would be nice and not hot and muggy like August & September just obviously avoid the holidays when it's overcrowded. August & September are when most hurricanes develop so just keep an eye out on the weather reports if you go shortly thereafter in October. There are rarely hurricanes in Oct or Nov but it is possible but I really wouldn't let that spoil your opportunity to go then as it's highly unlikely from mid Oct - Nov 30th yet such a nice time of the year in the Caribbean. Or, April could be nice too but spring break and Easter break might bring big crowds. Visiting the subtropics from Mid Oct - March is when you'll really appreciate the milder weather if you live somewhere in the great white north;)

Edited by Kimjergen

Watch out for the jellyfish that migrate there in September. Barely can walk in the water without getting stung by the little cuties.:p

Jelly fish can come in at any time. I don't remember having problem in September. Usually early in the summer months.

Jelly fish weren't a big problem this year. Where were you that you had such a problem/??

April is a great time of year in the Bahamas. August thru October can be humid and cloudy, but of course if you're from a hot and humid place, being on the water in the Bahamas would be a nice escape. November is also usually ideal.

Have been there several times in April....always perfect weather....

• 1 year later...
We were in freeport and nassau the beginning of may 2013 and the weather was perfect. Sunny and mid 80s to low 90s. We are headed back there next may and are hopeful the weather is just as beautiful.

Wonderful! This is where we are going this May. We went to Nassau and HMC in August and it was terribly hot and humid. Looking forward to the milder weather. Thanks bronzebeauty!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

We have been several times in april as well. Its usually beautiful then! But, just remember some schools (k to 12) are still doing spring break in april. This next april has a late easter, so while our break is april 14 to the 18th (in CT- which is the same as NYC this year), Im pretty sure Mass & a few other New England states april 21 to 25. I only say this as Im sure those sailings out of NY/NJ at that time will have more kids on them.

May be the odd one, but we really lucked out last August with some beautiful days in the bahamas.

Personally if traveling without kids I would pick early Nov!