NCL Website Glitch or.......?

mdsgu

So I booked most of our dining on the Breakaway over Thanksgiving (11/18 to 11/25). None of the 3 MDRs are available on 11/21 (Wednesday). I didn't check all the specialty restaurants, but Cagney's, at least, is also not available on 11/21. Cagney's, LeBistro, Moderno, Savor, Taste, and Manhattan are available every other day of the week.

Anyone ever see this before? I'd hate to think that all of the complimentary MDRs are out of commission right in the middle of the week.

Yes, I have seen this before, on all cruises I currently have booked. It seems to be that 3 days are available, then 1 is not, then 3 days are available, then 1 is not, etc. For example, I am booked on the 15 day Breakaway farewell to NY cruise on October 27. The available days for all restaurants are 10/27, 10/28 and 10/29. Then 10/31, 11/1 and 11/2. Then 11/4, 11/5 and 11/6. And finally 11/8, 11/9 and 11/10. I spoke to a rep at the reservations desk last week and they are able to book for you on the dates not on the website. A funny side note - I spoke to him about our upcoming 7/29 Escape cruise to Bermuda and how the Wednesday night reservations are not available. He said he and his colleagues noticed very few restaurant bookings that night and they thought it was because it was our first night in Bermuda and everyone was eating out. I told him it was because that night does not show on the website. He said he would inform the appropriate department about this problem. I am not holding my breath for it to get fixed.

The bottom line is that while you are here on CC complaining about the glitch, others pick up their phones and call for reservations and selling out dining times. Yup, you can wait for the glitch to be fixed and be invited to dine at 9:00. Or pick up the phone.

On our most recent cruise, reservations opened at 120 days. Some restaurants didn’t opened online until 14 days, mostly sold out,,, because everyone was smart enough to call.

The bottom line is that while you are here on CC complaining about the glitch, others pick up their phones and call for reservations and selling out dining times. Yup, you can wait for the glitch to be fixed and be invited to dine at 9:00. Or pick up the phone.

The booking window (120 days) just opened 2.5 hours ago when I noticed this glitch. I will call customer service in the morning and book Taste, Savor, or Manhattan.

So I booked most of our dining on the Breakaway over Thanksgiving (11/18 to 11/25). None of the 3 MDRs are available on 11/21 (Wednesday). I didn't check all the specialty restaurants, but Cagney's, at least, is also not available on 11/21. Cagney's, LeBistro, Moderno, Savor, Taste, and Manhattan are available every other day of the week.

Anyone ever see this before? I'd hate to think that all of the complimentary MDRs are out of commission right in the middle of the week.

I noticed this too, when I went to make reservations for our Thanksgiving cruise on the Getaway. I didn't have anything that NEEDED to be booked on the 21st, so I just booked around it. If you specifically want something on that date, best to call your PCC or customer service.

I advised our pcc that the pay restaurants are not available to book for 2 days on our canadian/usa cruise. They advised that they could only offer us what the web site showed so we cannot make a booking for our wedding anniversary. We are from the uk, so who do we call if our pcc cannot help.?

We are booked on this same cruise and I was able to make dinner reservations for every day of the week. On 11/21 we are in the Manhattan DR. I made reservations about a week ago. Like another has suggested, I would give them a call.

CM