Pixels photo question

Smokeybooks

I'm convinced that with the new Pixels and its electronic format, Carnival is really missing the mark in not making the pictures more affordable! It costs them even less than it did before to make the pics available, and if they were cheaper, I bet a lot more people would be buying them, increasing Carnival's profit even more!

As for the expensive photo shoots that they are offering now, I'm with the previous poster who said no way! I get that professional photo sessions and their resulting pics are very expensive onshore, but no way would I be paying for the packages I've seen people have been offered onboard!

the photographers work on commission.we take our own pic's when they are not in there photo stalls.they look great and doesn't cost us anything.i have a dslr camera that takes great pic's on or off the ship.if they would make it cheaper to buy photos I give it a try.:cool:

You bought a cd? How much did this cost and is it available on all ships?

I believe it's only available on the ships that have the Pixels Digital photo shop... you check them on iPads in the Pixels area or on the Hub App on your smartphone... they don't print them out anymore until you actually want them. They id them by asking you for your cabin number or folio number when they take pictures...

I expect it will be rolled out to all ships eventually, but for now it's only on the newer ships, and those that have gone through an extensive drydock (as opposed to the spit & polish drydock).

According to the Carnival site:

Pixels Digital Photo Gallery is currently on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

Photo Packages and Prices for Ships with Digital Gallery (Purchases Made on Digital HUB App)

• Digital Downloads on your personal mobile device - $15.00 USD each
  • Digital Downloads on a Memory Drive - $19.99 USD each
  • 1 - 8x10 professional print - $19.99 USD each
  • 2 - 5x7 same image professional print - $19.99 USD
  • 1 - 5x7 + 4 Wallets size same image professional print - $19.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 1 - 8x10 professional print same image - $21.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 2 - 5x7 professional print same image - $21.99 USD
  • Combo-Digital Download on your personal mobile device + 1 - 5x7 + 4 Wallets size print same image - $21.99 USD