Rivera Deck Experiences

MagnoliaFly

Thinking about booking my first interior cabin room on a rivera deck - what have your experiences been (please list the ship and general location - forward/aft).

I'm wondering about noises from above or below depending on the ship. Looking at booking on the Dream and decks that offer interior cabins (4b) usually don't have a deck with rooms above and below so trying to figure out what is the least noisy.

Not a thing wrong with Riviera... but if you are looking at a cabin all the way forward, it will be a longer walk to the elevators, and you will feel a lot more motion and probably hear the crashing of the waves, even if you are inside ... waves are very loud when they crash on the front of the ship.

All the way aft, the vibration can be problematic. I had the very aft cabin on Triumph inside, and I swear it was next to the engine. Our whole back wall and ceiling vibrated loudly all the time to the point tv was hard to hear with occassional banging noises thrown in, in case you managed to sleep. Triumph does have a aft vibration problem worse than any other ship imo.

As long as you have carpet above you and not a lounge, I think you will be fine. Just be aware you will have more elevator time if you are on the bottom deck.

Not a thing wrong with Riviera... but if you are looking at a cabin all the way forward, it will be a longer walk to the elevators, and you will feel a lot more motion and probably hear the crashing of the waves, even if you are inside ... waves are very loud when they crash on the front of the ship.

All the way aft, the vibration can be problematic. I had the very aft cabin on Triumph inside, and I swear it was next to the engine. Our whole back wall and ceiling vibrated loudly all the time to the point tv was hard to hear with occassional banging noises thrown in, in case you managed to sleep. Triumph does have a aft vibration problem worse than any other ship imo.

As long as you have carpet above you and not a lounge, I think you will be fine. Just be aware you will have more elevator time if you are on the bottom deck.

I'm assuming we would be more forward this time around. Can't be any worse than having a room under the lido deck. That was hard for me being a light sleeper.

Glad to hear not many noise problems though. Just can't justify the money for a balcony cabin next time around. They are nice but we didn't use our aft balcony hardly at all last cruise which bummed me out.

Been on Riviera deck on Paradise and Elation 5x, forward, middle & aft sections. Only once did I hear the docking ropes shoot out when I was in the aft section. Also once Mid deck, Riviera on the Splendor and had no problems.

The only problem with the Riviera Deck is it seems that is where the groups like to book and therefore can be noisy if people are talking loudly in the hallways to other cabins.

I have always stayed on Riveria Deck. I was on the Riveria Deck on the Elation, but don't remember where the cabin was located since it was back in 2007. However we stayed in a PT cabin on Riveria Deck cabin #1207 on the Carnival Dream last June. We are booked in a Deluxe OV cabin on the Riveria Deck for this upcoming cruise in June on the Dream again. Needless to say, we love staying on this deck. It is quiet, the cabins are nice and spacious & we never felt any motion.

Four of our five Carnival cruises have been on Riviera Deck, mid-ship, and there has never been a problem. The cabins are dark, quiet and perfect for sleeping.

The elevators go to every floor, even from the Riviera Deck, and our location was perfect for getting to and from the shows each evening.

By the way, the food is just as good for those of us staying on the Riviera Deck, inside, as for those with a suite. Our last cruise, a B2B, was with family. My brother and sister each had a cabin with a deck, on 7, and my parents had a suite on 5. We all had dinner together, every night and had the exact same choices for food.

The main difference, was cost. Our cruise cost half what my brother and sister each paid, and one-third what my parents paid. These were our sixth and seventh cruises, while my brother, sister and parents have been on seven combined.

Happy cruising to all!

The only problem with the Riviera Deck is it seems that is where the groups like to book and therefore can be noisy if people are talking loudly in the hallways to other cabins.

I might be one of those group booking people soon.... looks like it will be awesome. Thanks for all the responses!

We've had balcony cabins previously and I think we'll be sticking to interiors for a while so we can cruise more for less. :)

Just booked on the Conquest last week and had a wonderful Carnival rep. help me with my booking. She stongly recommended a Riveria midship inside saying it would be quiet and convenient for us. I took her up on it and booked at a great ES price. Hope that helps.

I'm all for saving money...and I have cruised 3 times with Carnival on Riviera and have had ZERO problems. The noise was a little more on the Fascination...like another person said, lots of partying going on!! The Riviera on the Liberty was absolutely fabulous!...and so what if you have to walk another 20 feet!!! I see it as money in the bank and a bit of exercise!

We've stayed on the highest decks, mid-ship, in suites, and the Riviera deck in OV's...all multiple times. We PREFER the Riviera deck and we'd book there every single time if they had larger cabins down there. We've never smelled a thing, but we DO notice that there is less motion and less crowds for some reason. We HATE any deck above 8. Too much noise and way too much motion when the seas are even minimally rough.

If we could have a dream room, it'd be a suite, mid-ship, on Riviera deck with a cove balcony as big as an aft-wrap! LOL

I had one of the small, single rooms on the Riviera deck on Ecstasy both times I cruised. The first time, in 2009, I was given R56 which was one of the only rooms left because I booked so late. But, I loved it so much, that when I booked 9 months in advance for the 2010 cruise, I requested R56 again. It was already taken, so I got R62, which is right down the hall. These are really inside-inside rooms, because they are in an inside hallway, between the two outside hallways. There are only 8 or so of these rooms on the Riviera deck and they are perpendicular to the rooms in the outside hallways.

I never had any problems with these rooms. No noise above or below, or in the hallways. They are perfect rooms for a solo cruiser. There are two twin beds, but the top one is in the wall and never comes out unless you ask for it. I would choose one of these rooms again if I were cruising solo again. If not solo, I would still be happy with another room on the Riviera deck.

Destiny/Triumph Riviera deck rooms forward - very forward. I liked the location very quiet - no traffic. Could hear the sounds of waves sometimes which was nice. The bow thrusters were a bit noisy, but only when pulling into port and I wanted to be up to watch that anyways. The location was fantastic after port days also because we could just walk up a few steps to the cabins after boarding.

No tender ports, so I don't know about anchor noise.

First cruise on Fascination was a midship OV on Rivera and we didn't have any issues.

On Inspiration we had a midship OV on Main and our friends had an inside midship on Rivera and they had nothing but trouble. There was a constant sewer smell and the AC didn't get cold. Maintenance brought in a box fan for them to use. After dinner we'd joke that they had to go back down and help row. ;)

Archived