Specialty dining on Escape

KarlChilders

Cagney's or LeBistro is al la carte pricing. each item has a price.

yes I realize that, but we have the dining plan. I guess I wasn't precise enough in my question. Are there items on the menu which the SDP credit doesn't cover and therefore require an upcharge?

We didn't notice any upcharge items at Cagney's. We actually ended up at Bayamo 3 nights; we really enjoyed it, and found it a couple of steps above the other specialty restaurants. Dinner is 4 courses, which means you can get two apps, or a soup and an app. The app portions are not large, so you don't feel stuffed.

So I know about the upcharge for Bayamo and Pinco. Are there items on Cagney's or LeBistro menus that come with an upcharge? I have looked at the menus and don't see anything mentioned.

Bayamo, Pinchos, and the Supper Club cabaret show have upcharges if you use your SDP. You can not use the SDP on Wine Lovers or at Food Republic. At all other restaurants, you should be able to order a single entrée, multiple apps, multiple desserts. We have been on ships where the waiters give you the "one app, one dessert, one side" line, but we always order what we want and have never got charged. We are prepared to take it up with the restaurant manager and hotel director if the restaurant tries to make up its own rules which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the offer.

Bayamo, Pinchos, and the Supper Club cabaret show have upcharges if you use your SDP. You can not use the SDP on Wine Lovers or at Food Republic. At all other restaurants, you should be able to order a single entrée, multiple apps, multiple desserts. We have been on ships where the waiters give you the "one app, one dessert, one side" line, but we always order what we want and have never got charged. We are prepared to take it up with the restaurant manager and hotel director if the restaurant tries to make up its own rules which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the offer.

thanks, good to know, although I can’t envision ordering more than one each anyway, but I suppose it’s possible.

thanks, good to know, although I can’t envision ordering more than one each anyway, but I suppose it’s possible.

On some of the ships as BT mentions where they limit things, it is nice to be able to order an app, soup, salad, and an entree but at times they limit you so you can only pick soup OR salad. Some menus vary as well so we've gotten limited to one item above the entree line (apps/soup/salad).

Do you happen to remember what the upcharges were?