Carnival Pride May 6, a short review.

jadedhart

Overall an enjoyable experience. As with most vacations, there were things we liked and things we didn’t. The trick is to not let

The things you don’t like ruin your vacation!

Embarkation was a breeze. This was our first cruise so we really had no idea what we were doing. We arrived at the port at 12:04 and were in our cabin by 12:40 ( we had faster to the fun)

Dining was ok. I wasn’t overly impressed with either the dining room or the buffet. I thought dinner was better in the dining room but it just took too long. Only had one breakfast and one dinner in the normandie and each one took a good 2 hours. I just didn’t want to lose that much time to eat mediocre food. I’ve noticed that people tend to rave about guys burgers but honestly I get a better burger at Red Robin. They weren’t bad just nothing special. Same goes for the rest of the food on lido. The salad bar was disappointing. I found it strange that they had red yellow and green peppers on display but none to put in your salad? Really not much to choose from at all. I did really like the omelets from the omelet bar. The omelets in the MDR were greasy. Eww.

David’s was exceptional however, and well worth the additional charge.

I’ve read a lot of reviews for the pride, and many of them were negative. The ships old and rundown and dirty and the staff was rude etc etc. I found these all to be false. The ship was always clean and there was always cleaning going on no matter the hour. We are neat freaks and my significant other is a germaphobe and we were both very impressed with the cleanliness. There are some rust spots and some peeling paint but these were minimal and anyone who has ever lived near the coast knows how harsh that environment is on metal...it’s in water 24/7 for cryin out loud. It would be impossible to keep anything that size rust free for any length of time.

The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Everyone always said hello, asked about our day, joked with us, waited on us hand and foot. No complaints at all regarding staff.

We were in cabin 6218 and it was perfectly comfortable. The bed was amazing, the bathroom adequate and the storage plentiful. I have seen reviews where people say you should not open your balcony door because of the climate control. I did notice that the climate control turns itself off when the balcony door is open. So no problem. Our steward was Marvin and he took good care of us.

The only thing I really didn’t care for was the party atmosphere. The blasting hip hop music was not for us. But...carnival is known as the party cruise line and we knew this going in so I won’t complain about that. It just means we won’t sail with carnival again as we want a more relaxing experience.

Serenity deck was nice but could use a few more clamshells. Had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get one! Which worked out for us because we are early risers anyway. We were lucky to get a clamshell

For the day on Saturday. We made sure one of us was in it at all times even thought I knew we could leave for up to 40 minutes. Personally I think it’s just rude to leave your chair or clamshell for more than a few minutes when so many people would like to use it. The lady in the clamshell next us was out of it more than she was in it...amd

She was out of it more than an hour at a time. The crew needs to do better about watching that.

I was also a bit upset when a kid on half moon cay three sand at me and his parents said nothing, buts that’s not Carnival’s fault, that’s just bad parenting.

Disembarking was even faster than embarkation. I saw another review for this same cruise that said disembarkation for faster to the fun was not clear and that is kinda true. We carried off our own luggage and our paper said to meet in red frog pub by 945. We went down by 830 because the pub is small and I wanted to be able to get a seat since they said we would Debark at ten. Good thing we went early because we were off by 9! I think the time on the paperwork was for the previous cruise, and there were conflicting times listed on different documents. Carnival needs to fix that for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for your review. I'm going on the Pride in June for my wedding. Would you happen to have saved your Fun Times by any chance? I've been trying to track down some recent copies and haven't had any luck just yet. I'm trying to see when the Quest game and the Love and Marriage show is as I'd like to include those as events for our entire party to do together. I want to include some highlights and not to miss activities in our welcome letter.

Thanks for your thoughtful review.

I haven't sailed on the Pride but agree with your comment about the party atmosphere on Carnival. I simply stay away from the Lido deck and find a multitude of other spaces to enjoy.

I have also always found the staff to be outstanding. The staff and crew are Carnival's biggest asset.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts, and happy sailing.

Thanks so much for your review. I'm going on the Pride in June for my wedding. Would you happen to have saved your Fun Times by any chance? I've been trying to track down some recent copies and haven't had any luck just yet. I'm trying to see when the Quest game and the Love and Marriage show is as I'd like to include those as events for our entire party to do together. I want to include some highlights and not to miss activities in our welcome letter.

Sorry I didn’t save them.

Are you getting married on the ship? If so, in Baltimore before it leaves, or on one of the islands?

Thanks for the review:) I think you had a great attitude and I'm glad you enjoyed your first cruise!

Overall an enjoyable experience. As with most vacations, there were things we liked and things we didn’t. The trick is to not let

The things you don’t like ruin your vacation!

Embarkation was a breeze. This was our first cruise so we really had no idea what we were doing. We arrived at the port at 12:04 and were in our cabin by 12:40 ( we had faster to the fun)

Dining was ok. I wasn’t overly impressed with either the dining room or the buffet. I thought dinner was better in the dining room but it just took too long. Only had one breakfast and one dinner in the normandie and each one took a good 2 hours. I just didn’t want to lose that much time to eat mediocre food. I’ve noticed that people tend to rave about guys burgers but honestly I get a better burger at Red Robin. They weren’t bad just nothing special. Same goes for the rest of the food on lido. The salad bar was disappointing. I found it strange that they had red yellow and green peppers on display but none to put in your salad? Really not much to choose from at all. I did really like the omelets from the omelet bar. The omelets in the MDR were greasy. Eww.

You really summed up how I felt about it too. I don't mind (and actually enjoy) leisurely dining, but not spending a long time on mediocre food and service. I wasn't super impressed with Guys either, but understand the appeal - we preferred the fries and will try w/o seasoning next time.

Salad bar was very lacking.

David’s was exceptional however, and well worth the additional charge.

Good to hear, we are splurging on this for our anniversary:hearteyes:

I’ve read a lot of reviews for the pride, and many of them were negative. The ships old and rundown and dirty and the staff was rude etc etc. I found these all to be false. The ship was always clean and there was always cleaning going on no matter the hour. We are neat freaks and my significant other is a germaphobe and we were both very impressed with the cleanliness. There are some rust spots and some peeling paint but these were minimal and anyone who has ever lived near the coast knows how harsh that environment is on metal...it’s in water 24/7 for cryin out loud. It would be impossible to keep anything that size rust free for any length of time.

The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Everyone always said hello, asked about our day, joked with us, waited on us hand and foot. No complaints at all regarding staff.

We were in cabin 6218 and it was perfectly comfortable. The bed was amazing, the bathroom adequate and the storage plentiful. I have seen reviews where people say you should not open your balcony door because of the climate control. I did notice that the climate control turns itself off when the balcony door is open. So no problem. Our steward was Marvin and he took good care of us.

My understanding of climate issues with leaving the balcony door open is affecting nearby cabins, not so much your own. We enjoy time on the balcony but try to make sure we (quietly) close the door rather than leaving it open. We had issues with whistling noises from the balcony door if it wasn't closed just right - especially with high winds.

The only thing I really didn’t care for was the party atmosphere. The blasting hip hop music was not for us. But...carnival is known as the party cruise line and we knew this going in so I won’t complain about that. It just means we won’t sail with carnival again as we want a more relaxing experience.

We were very relaxed, but took lots of naps and not a lot of time outside on lido deck (Feb/March cruise) so we didn't notice as much blasting music. I have heard other lines are much better for the noise, I'm sure you'll have fun exploring other lines and finding which works best for you:cool:

Serenity deck was nice but could use a few more clamshells. Had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get one! Which worked out for us because we are early risers anyway. We were lucky to get a clamshell

For the day on Saturday. We made sure one of us was in it at all times even thought I knew we could leave for up to 40 minutes. Personally I think it’s just rude to leave your chair or clamshell for more than a few minutes when so many people would like to use it. The lady in the clamshell next us was out of it more than she was in it...amd

She was out of it more than an hour at a time. The crew needs to do better about watching that.

I was also a bit upset when a kid on half moon cay three sand at me and his parents said nothing, buts that’s not Carnival’s fault, that’s just bad parenting.

Disembarking was even faster than embarkation. I saw another review for this same cruise that said disembarkation for faster to the fun was not clear and that is kinda true. We carried off our own luggage and our paper said to meet in red frog pub by 945. We went down by 830 because the pub is small and I wanted to be able to get a seat since they said we would Debark at ten. Good thing we went early because we were off by 9! I think the time on the paperwork was for the previous cruise, and there were conflicting times listed on different documents. Carnival needs to fix that for sure!

I thought ours was bad because we had a very delayed departure. Thanks for the heads-up.