Adventure of the seas Canada compass

Adventure hasn't even started sailing to NE/Canada yet, so there are no compasses for someone to post. It is still sailing the Bahamas.

Incorrect... Adventure Re positioned out of SanJuan and ended in Bayonne May 11th, and Its been doing the NE/Canada since that day. Sorry I dont have out Compasses... We just came back from the June 1st - June 8th Trip. It was wonderful... Weather was awful on the first 2 ports, but then it got a bit better...Mikki, Anything in particular that you would like to know??

Incorrect... Adventure Re positioned out of SanJuan and ended in Bayonne May 11th, and Its been doing the NE/Canada since that day. Sorry I dont have out Compasses... We just came back from the June 1st - June 8th Trip. It was wonderful... Weather was awful on the first 2 ports, but then it got a bit better...Mikki, Anything in particular that you would like to know??

You are also incorrect. It is on a Bahamas cruise now and will be alternating Bahamas and NE/Canada for a time, then a bunch of Bahamas and then a bunch of NE/Canada.

You are also incorrect. It is on a Bahamas cruise now and will be alternating Bahamas and NE/Canada for a time, then a bunch of Bahamas and then a bunch of NE/Canada.

Well I was on her last week and for sure visited

Portland, Bar Harbor, St John and Nova Scotia.

Don’t recall any of those places being in the Bahamas;)

Well I was on her last week and for sure visited

Portland, Bar Harbor, St John and Nova Scotia.

Don’t recall any of those places being in the Bahamas;)

You are 100% correct

And it was bloody cold up the NE and Canada

You need to reread the posts. I was mistaken with my first post but the person who corrected me was also wrong, as was the person you said is 100% correct.

Last week can not be the first week that it was in NE/Canada as it had sailings to NE/Canada prior to that. Whether you agree with me or not, the current week's itinerary is Bahamas, not sure what your comment about last week has to do with the quoted post and where the ship is now. The statement that the ship has been doing NE/Canada since it repositioned is wrong as it is doing a Bahamas cruise this week. As far as it being "bloody cold" the week of your cruise, we live outside Boston and have had the AC on.

Other than the weather how was your trip? Were there a lot of kids? We leave In July on this itinerary and I am sooo excited! We’ve never been to that part of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to reread the posts. I was mistaken with my first post but the person who corrected me was also wrong, as was the person you said is 100% correct.

Last week can not be the first week that it was in NE/Canada as it had sailings to NE/Canada prior to that. Whether you agree with me or not, the current week's itinerary is Bahamas, not sure what your comment about last week has to do with the quoted post and where the ship is now. The statement that the ship has been doing NE/Canada since it repositioned is wrong as it is doing a Bahamas cruise this week. As far as it being "bloody cold" the week of your cruise, we live outside Boston and have had the AC on.

Well

We did the first sailing to NE and Canada June 1st to June 8th

Last week it was bloody cold, today hey it might be hotter.

Weather changes weekly ;p

In Texas we put the AC on when it reaches 80deg

So anything below 80deg is cold.

The other week in Portland it was 44deg.

Bar Harbor 46deg

St John 48

Nova Scotia 52

Not AC weather no matter who you really are.

Sometimes you just have to accept you were not there, your facts were wrong and we were just there along with a few 100 cc members and the Good ole Adventure of the Seas.

Who SURE was up the NE and Canada on a New England and Canada cruise.

OP

I have all the compasses, I do not upload to cc anymore, but I can help you with any questions you may have.

Hope the weather is better for you when you sail

Have a great cruise:)

Other than the weather how was your trip? Were there a lot of kids? We leave In July on this itinerary and I am sooo excited! We’ve never been to that part of the country.

There were not too many kids on this sailing, too cold for them;)

Well

We did the first sailing to NE and Canada June 1st to June 8th

Last week it was bloody cold, today hey it might be hotter.

Weather changes weekly ;p

In Texas we put the AC on when it reaches 80deg

So anything below 80deg is cold.

The other week in Portland it was 44deg.

Bar Harbor 46deg

St John 48

Nova Scotia 52

Not AC weather no matter who you really are.

Sometimes you just have to accept you were not there, your facts were wrong and we were just there along with a few 100 cc members and the Good ole Adventure of the Seas.

Who SURE was up the NE and Canada on a New England and Canada cruise.

OP

I have all the compasses, I do not upload to cc anymore, but I can help you with any questions you may have.

Hope the weather is better for you when you sail

Have a great cruise:)

I readily admit when I make a mistake, you should try it sometime. I will let you play your typical games, carry on....

There were not too many kids on this sailing, too cold for them;)

I hope it stays cold when we get there! We are already in the upper 90’s down here. We are ready for cold!!

I hope it stays cold when we get there! We are already in the upper 90’s down here. We are ready for cold!!

Agreed

It was refreshing.:cool:

A store in Bar Harbor sold out of hoodies and sweat tops.

All you saw people wearing the next few days.

Have a cool cruise!

Probably not as many kids as the Caribbean attracts, but school is also still in session in NE (and I imagine many other places) which also greatly reduces the number of kids. I sail on Adventure in 2 weeks. It sold out looooong before the previous June sailing. I suspect because families (like my own) are out of school.

I live in MA, the coast is ~30 minute drive for me. I would not call the weather "cool" but maybe actually being on the water changes that. Last week did get a little cool, but other than that it has been 70's and 80's here. The next 10 days is forecast to be in the 80's every day except Monday which is 97. I anticipate at least 70's up the coast when I go.

Probably not as many kids as the Caribbean attracts, but school is also still in session in NE (and I imagine many other places) which also greatly reduces the number of kids. I sail on Adventure in 2 weeks. It sold out looooong before the previous June sailing. I suspect because families (like my own) are out of school.

I live in MA, the coast is ~30 minute drive for me. I would not call the weather "cool" but maybe actually being on the water changes that. Last week did get a little cool, but other than that it has been 70's and 80's here. The next 10 days is forecast to be in the 80's every day except Monday which is 97. I anticipate at least 70's up the coast when I go.

I hope it has a good amount of kids!

70’s sound amazing!!

Trip was overall great. Not too many kids, but my kids don't like the Adventure Ocean program so they never go to those activities... Difficult to say if there were more kids than I got to see around... The sights were amazing, even with the cold weather we enjoyed it. In Portland we did a tour of the city and had lunch in the waterfront (Minillos??) were we had Lobster Rolls, Lobster, Fish and Chips and Chowder... everything was delish. In Bar Harbor, visited Acadia with Olys Trolley (Thunder Hole, Jason's Pond and Cadillac Mountain) Really really nice tour and ate Blueberry pie... Our favorite ports were Saint Johns and Halifax... We did our own thing, as the city is very nice and small enough to walk it. We ate regional food and tried Fried Pepperoni for the first time (it is very different than the pepperoni in the states!) The shows were nice but nothing outstanding... We found that the entertainment on board was lacking... almost nothing to do... but of course I think the weather had to do with this, because we could not take advantage of the pools, flow-rider and slides (even though there were some ppl using all these) as it was too cold for us. Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any more questions!

Trip was overall great. Not too many kids, but my kids don't like the Adventure Ocean program so they never go to those activities... Difficult to say if there were more kids than I got to see around... The sights were amazing, even with the cold weather we enjoyed it. In Portland we did a tour of the city and had lunch in the waterfront (Minillos??) were we had Lobster Rolls, Lobster, Fish and Chips and Chowder... everything was delish. In Bar Harbor, visited Acadia with Olys Trolley (Thunder Hole, Jason's Pond and Cadillac Mountain) Really really nice tour and ate Blueberry pie... Our favorite ports were Saint Johns and Halifax... We did our own thing, as the city is very nice and small enough to walk it. We ate regional food and tried Fried Pepperoni for the first time (it is very different than the pepperoni in the states!) The shows were nice but nothing outstanding... We found that the entertainment on board was lacking... almost nothing to do... but of course I think the weather had to do with this, because we could not take advantage of the pools, flow-rider and slides (even though there were some ppl using all these) as it was too cold for us. Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any more questions!

Do you know if they let kids in the solarium during the day when it was cold?

Do you know if they let kids in the solarium during the day when it was cold?

The Solarium is not covered or enclosed on Adventure, so it would not be any different than the main pool area.

On an Anthem cruise in Sept to Canada and Saint John is the one port I'm not sure what to do. Have already done a tour and the revising rapids on our last visit - thinking of just walking around the port. Can you give me a little more info - how easy is it to get into the city from the port and anything interesting to do/see there. Many thanks

On an Anthem cruise in Sept to Canada and Saint John is the one port I'm not sure what to do. Have already done a tour and the revising rapids on our last visit - thinking of just walking around the port. Can you give me a little more info - how easy is it to get into the city from the port and anything interesting to do/see there. Many thanks

I found Saint John to be a quaint, charming city. Previous to this cruise, I had traveled to SJ because of work... and fell in love with the people, with the culture and the city. I too have done the reversing rapids, so this time with the family, we walked the city, explored the Farmers Market (which is the oldest in Canada) and ate at a local restaurant/brewery (they offered us a Cranberry Ale that was amazing!). The city is "Hill-y" so walking might be an issue if you are not used to that intensity. I was VERY tired by the end of the day. The weather was chilly for us, but when I have visited more into the summer months (and it was hot!) there were a LOT of outside vendors, restaurants and cafes offered outside sitting and it was just lovely. We also visited a couple of historic churches and ate poutine! If you enjoy Indian Food, there is a Restaurant walking distance from the pier, that offers fantastic Indian dishes.

Where did you get the fried pepperoni???