New Breakfast Menu - Indian

SadieN

We’ve had the new breakfast menu four times and have enjoyed some of the new additions. Nice to see they mark the things that have nuts, are gluten free, or vegan.

Tried the Masala Dosa this time. A very thin crunchy crepe with a nicely seasoned potato and pea mixture. Flavorful and not spicy hot at all.

• Like 1

We’ve had the new breakfast menu four times and have enjoyed some of the new additions. Nice to see they mark the things that have nuts, are gluten free, or vegan.

Tried the Masala Dosa this time. A very thin crunchy crepe with a nicely seasoned potato and pea mixture. Flavorful and not spicy hot at all.

That sounds delicious, what ship was this on?

WHAT???!!! WHERE???!!! As a fat Indian, this excites me very much.

• Haha 2

Masala Dosa?!?!? If they have it on the Valor, I will be in heaven! Indian is my favorite and I planned on ordering it for dinner every night in the MDR if its available. But Masala Dosa is absolutely wonderful and not something I would have expected to be available! That is fabulous!

That sounds delicious, what ship was this on?

It's on Victory, as a pilot test (and nowhere else, I believe). It also has trendy foods like avocado toast and breakfast bowls. The menu doesn't mention masala dosa verbatim; it calls it "lentil and rice crepe", but the description matches. I'm sure it'll be very good, albeit toned down for American tastes, since many Carnival chefs are from India, and know how to make this dish.

Source: https://cruisefever.net/carnival-testing-new-breakfast-menu-port-days/

It's on Victory, as a pilot test (and nowhere else, I believe). It also has trendy foods like avocado toast and breakfast bowls. The menu doesn't mention masala dosa verbatim; it calls it "lentil and rice crepe", but the description matches. I'm sure it'll be very good, albeit toned down for American tastes, since many Carnival chefs are from India, and know how to make this dish.

Not true - it was on Triumph in December and Fascination in March. And if memory serves, on the Sunshine in October. I would guess it has been rolled out close to fleet wide by now.

And yes the breakfast Indian is surprisingly good. It took me a while but I really like the new port day breakfast menu - you can get all the traditional things but they have added so much variety!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was labeled Masala Dosa with a description of the ingredients.

At least it’s labeled better than the Asian dumpling and noodles with broth dish served one night. Basically a pretty decent Pho'.

Not true - it was on Triumph in December and Fascination in March. And if memory serves, on the Sunshine in October. I would guess it has been rolled out close to fleet wide by now.
If so, I'm glad. I really like the new menu. I liked the old menu too, but it wasn't much different from what I usually eat at Denny's et al. That said, I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at the new Millennial-skewed dishes, like the avocado toast or the breakfast bowl. Is it on West Coast ships too, which are Imagination and Inspiration?

It was labeled Masala Dosa with a description of the ingredients.
Hmm... interesting. The breakfast menu in the link I gave doesn't mention the words "masala dosa". Were you looking at a Sea Day Brunch menu or a newer version of the breakfast menu? Can you share the link? Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

We were just on the Vista at the end of April. We only ate breakfast in the mdr on debarkation day and that was when i found the masala dosa and my daughter found the avocado toast. Both were very good! Made me regret my daily breakfast choices... but i know what i will work into my rotation next time.

That said, I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at the new Millennial-skewed dishes, like the avocado toast or the breakfast bowl.

Same here. I half expected to see the word "deconstructed" somewhere on the menu or something served in a hubcap :')

I think the breakfast bowl is served with a beard and a plaid shirt. :D

If so, I'm glad. I really like the new menu. I liked the old menu too, but it wasn't much different from what I usually eat at Denny's et al. That said, I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at the new Millennial-skewed dishes, like the avocado toast or the breakfast bowl. Is it on West Coast ships too, which are Imagination and Inspiration?

Hmm... interesting. The breakfast menu in the link I gave doesn't mention the words "masala dosa". Were you looking at a Sea Day Brunch menu or a newer version of the breakfast menu? Can you share the link?

Wish I could.

I don’t upload my photos to the web to post here.

I’ve seen it labeled as such on the Splendor and Inspiration.

They are changing the short cruise dinner menus again. Even had one replaced while I was looking at it.

-The Fig and Cinnamon pudding was replaced with an almond/phyllo thing.

-The seafood ravioli in vodka sauce was replaced by a mushroom pasta dish.

- tried a new sugar free dessert. Key lime pie stuffed baked apple. Didn’t care for the key lime pie part but the apple was very good. DD did enjoy the whole thing, including the Key lime pie.

Edited by SadieN

• 3 years later...