Perricones

Host CJSKIDS

Keith, as I had posted a few months back, the land of Perricones has been sold! Hoping that Steve stays true to his word and the restaurant stays for another 5 years before a hotel is built on the spot.

Just what we need, more construction! UGH

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2017/10/03/hotel-operator-buys-perricones-marketplace-cafe-site-in-brickell/

Carolyn, sorry to hear about this but it was a matter of time.

I remember on our visit to Miami in 2007 when the city had massive construction going on that as the city replaces so many small buildings with high rises but does not widen streets (it's physically impossible) I remarked where is all the traffic going. Fast forward to today other then a few year slowdown when the great recession hit, there is major construction occurring as buildings continue to get replaced with much larger ones. Glad when we visit we mainly walk.

I hope Steve will stay there for another five years too.

Keith

I also read an article yesterday that said Perricone's property sold for over sixteen million dollars. They are scheduled to open a new Perricone's within the new two hundred fifty room hotel. Just what Miami needs, another big skyscraper.

Carolyn, getting off the subject, I haven't seen any postings from Blue Herons since Hurricane Maria. Is she all right, she's one of Cruise Critics South Florida experts like you.

I haven't seen her around either since Hurricane Irma. I'll email her now and check on her. Fort Lauderdale is back to normal where she lives so maybe she is traveling.

I also read an article yesterday that said Perricone's property sold for over sixteen million dollars. They are scheduled to open a new Perricone's within the new two hundred fifty room hotel. Just what Miami needs, another big skyscraper.

Exactly. Perricones is so unique with the tree grown into the front porch and the park like setting. It just won't be the same once they take all of that away. There used to be a place across the street called Baru which had tables outside and trees over there. The whole corner is just changing.

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to give an update to Keith and those who love Perricone's here in Brickell. Was hoping it would truly be a while before they filed their application. They had said 5 years from when it sold, but this may not look good.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/application-submitted-to-build-hotel-on-perricones-site-in-brickell/

Nothing moves fast in Miami so hopefully the zoning and permitting will take years.

There is a lot of empty storefronts in Mary Brickell Village so maybe they'll move in there.

Corby, thank you for asking about me, I had a very busy fall!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...