azura transatlantic itinery change

philipsw285

just got email from p&o no longer going to the azores but instead were going from Antigua back to Barbados we now have 8 days at sea in one hit. apparently they are having issues loading the ship due to storm riley and won't have everything on when we leave the 1st time.

Just saying the same thing to my wife, but my personaliser has the extra day in Barbados and the stop in The Azores.

We haven't had anything from P&O though.

Not bothered either way, still on holiday. Thick snow outside, just glad to be leaving it behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read it this morning and the 1st thing I thought was my mum wanted to go to the Azores because of the shipping forecast on radio 4 a when she was younger.

The 2nd thing for me was 8 days at sea I’ll have proper sea legs by the time we get to Southampton I just hope biscay is ok after that long and also eu duty free from ponta Delgado.

Don't worry about 8 sea days Ventura is on her way back from Caribbean/USA & due to the weather her call into the Azores has been cancelled so she has 9 days at sea in one go!.

The greatest number of sea days on a Transatlantic without a port call I have cruised is eighteen. The passengers voted not to go to the Azores as we would have arrived too late at Lisbon for everyones flights.

Regards John

we haven't had an email yet personaliser is showing extra day in Barbados and the Azores, would have been nice to see The Azores but still on holiday so more time to relax. Woke up to snow this morning but its already turning to slush thank goodness wouldn't have liked getting to Manchester in the snow eek!

we haven't had an email yet personaliser is showing extra day in Barbados and the Azores, would have been nice to see The Azores but still on holiday so more time to relax. Woke up to snow this morning but its already turning to slush thank goodness wouldn't have liked getting to Manchester in the snow eek!

Presumably the email has been sent to the agent you booked with and it is their responsibility to inform you. Those who book direct with P&O are informed by P&O.

Presumably the email has been sent to the agent you booked with and it is their responsibility to inform you. Those who book direct with P&O are informed by P&O.

Thank You didnt think of that as Ive had emails from P&O confirming everything so just presumed they would email me direct

We never did recieve any info regarding the change of ports of call in the Carribean,P&O say the travel agent we booked with should have told us,travel agent says P&O didn't tell them,communications are wonderful!

I read it this morning and the 1st thing I thought was my mum wanted to go to the Azores because of the shipping forecast on radio 4 a when she was younger.

The 2nd thing for me was 8 days at sea I’ll have proper sea legs by the time we get to Southampton I just hope biscay is ok after that long and also eu duty free from ponta Delgado.

Don't think you will be going anywhere near Biscay?

P:eople always say they are going through Biscay but even from the corner of France down to Spain you don't go into Biscay, you are still in the Atlantic.

So why do the Captains always refer to Biscay in their log and the navigational announcements?

No idea why captains say they are crossing Biscay. Agree with Jean - from the Isle de Ouessant (Ushant) to rounding Cape Finisterre it's probably at least 50NM outside of Biscay.

If you visit ports such as Santander or La Rochelle then you would cross Biscay but not for the Med, Canaries or Azores.

P:eople always say they are going through Biscay but even from the corner of France down to Spain you don't go into Biscay, you are still in the Atlantic.

This may well be true but the problem is you have the waves coming all the way across the Atlantic nearing the Bay of Biscay area gathering sea height. The whole coastline of the bay acting like a big semi-circular reflector sending the waves back in all directions. Other waves are short cutting North South and helping to create a wholehearted confusion of waves making the ship rock about in a very random way which is what messes people up making them feel ill in many cases.

Regards John

The swell on the course that cruise ships tend to steer outside Biscay often is worse than in Biscay itself. I like to keep an eye on what's happening by going on www.windy.com which is a great site for showing current and predicted wind, swell and isobars for up to about 6 days ahead. Not just for nearby areas such as Biscay but for transatlantic crossings as well.

At least then I know if it's likely to be lumpy or not!

Unfortunately we got the same e-mail and we have booked with a agent. If you have booked in with the cruise personalise P O will ahve all your contact details.

I got the email today via my agents. But I'm very confused since cruise personaliser is shower the itinary as going back to Barbados but also the Azores stop off too. Plus it says we will leave Barbados in the afternoon not early evening as would be the norm. Anyone any ideas?