Having an Identity Crisis

rdsqrl

I just signed in to Princess to check out some pricing for December and the screen that welcomed me had a totally different name. The Captain's Circle number appears to be mine, the cruise history is mine, but apparently Princess has decided to translate my name into Welsh for reasons that are less than clear. Unless . . . is this Princess's revenge for me deserting them and sailing on Cunard a few weeks ago? I shudder to think what they would have done with my name had I chosen to sail on Carnival (Drinkie McDrunkerpants?).

Has anyone else had this happen? Most amusing software glitch ever. Creepy, but amusing.

Mine looks OK.

How did you determine it was Welsh? And was it actually a Welsh variant of your real name?

I could tell immediately I looked at it. Plus, I googled, as I knew someone on here would immediately challenge me (*smile*). And no, it's not a Welsh variant of my real name -- not even close, as my surname is French and not really translatable into another language. I prefer my original surname, but my new Welsh first name is kind of growing on me the more I look at it.

I could tell immediately I looked at it. Plus, I googled, as I knew someone on here would immediately challenge me (*smile*). And no, it's not a Welsh variant of my real name -- not even close, as my surname is French and not really translatable into another language. I prefer my original surname, but my new Welsh first name is kind of growing on me the more I look at it.

Will we see a new CC name? :cool:

It was more curiosity on my part than a challenge. ;)

But seriously, if it's a real Welsh name then you should probably contact Princess asap in case your account is compromised.