Coffeemaker in the Cabins (Junior Suite)?

Sailing for the first time on Royal Caribbean (Mariner of the Seas) in September and wondering if there is a coffeemaker in the cabin. We are on Deck 11 in a junior suite. If there is a coffeemaker, can you bring your own grounds?

Sailing for the first time on Royal Caribbean (Mariner of the Seas) in September and wondering if there is a coffeemaker in the cabin. We are on Deck 11 in a junior suite. If there is a coffeemaker, can you bring your own grounds?

Yes, there normally is a kettle and coffee maker in JS and better staterooms. They supply ill-fitting packets that make a mess. Nothing stops you from bringing your own, though you would probably have to bring filters too.

Yes, there normally is a kettle and coffee maker in JS and better staterooms. They supply ill-fitting packets that make a mess. Nothing stops you from bringing your own, though you would probably have to bring filters too.

Thank You! Do you know what size it is (I'm thinking a 4 cup versus 8 or 12 cup)? Would like to bring our own coffee (dunkin' donuts) and filters and need to know what size filters to get.

Thank You! Do you know what size it is (I'm thinking a 4 cup versus 8 or 12 cup)? Would like to bring our own coffee (dunkin' donuts) and filters and need to know what size filters to get.

It is a small pot. I don’t drink coffee but I would guess maybe a 4 cup

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.. I would recommend not using it. Even though it will be convenience, they are never cleaned and God knows what bacteria are growing inside. Get fresh coffee brought to your room or go out for coffee. The two things that have the most bacteria and germs are the TV remote and the coffee makers in the rooms. I wouldn't trust them at all.

If you really want to make your own coffee, use a pour over system. The coffee makers are actually of multiple type- some for pods of about 2", which barely fit, others can take a larger pod. And we've been given both the huge pods for small makers and small pods for the bigger maker.

Then there's the issue of them turning off quite a lot- they have been used enough that the flow has gotten restricted, so they will turn off pretty quickly to prevent over heating.

On the other hand, the pots have more than enough water to fill two cups. So if you can get two collapsible funnels, you can fill two cups on your own. Or if you get two sock style filters, you can do the same, and not even worry about getting a filter. Or a french press/ aeropress can be used. We have two of these (without the mug) https://www.rei.com/product/784659/gsi-outdoors-ultralight-java-drip-coffee-maker and they are awesome.

The coffee makers are a joke IMHO. They are one cup, and agree the supplied coffee packs are too large for the little maker. I would not bother with bringing your own either, it's just not worth it.

We take our own travel mugs with us on all cruises, filling a paper cup at the machines on the ship, then transferring the liquid into our mugs. The JS coffee machine and the hot water pot I simply put out of the way in a corner somewhere to free up counter space.

Then also keep in mind room service (which is still free for coffee delivery only).