Grease on Independence of the Seas?

Bad news....😠My TA told me that Broadway shows are only presented on cruises 7 days or longer. So if we book a 5 day on the independent of the Seas for next March, no show.

I went on 5 night liberty cruise 2 years running and they had Saturday night fever showing both years...on anthem last year showed we will rock you on a 3 night cruise..

Just a note... Based on another thread where someone was asking about timing booking shows on the Harmony, she was able to book Grease at 7 and dinner at 8:30 - and the thumbnail she posted shows Grease at a run time of 1 hour 30 minutes.

Legit On-Broadway Grease runs about 2 hours 10 minutes if you didn't do an intermission (which you pretty much have to do for anything over 90 minutes).

So I'm not sure what they're doing to it to cut it that drastically - UNLESS what they are doing is really Grease Jr. which is the version that has been shortened and sanitized for like Middle Schools to do.

Just thought I'd give people a heads-up in case what she's seeing isn't a mistake or just something they're doing for the short little 3-night cruise on Harmony.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'd be interested to hear people's input on Grease onboard Independence as well. More specifically, does anyone have a guess or know what time the shows are? I reached out to Royal for my 11/28 sailing and this was the reply:

Unfortunately, we are unable to advise on what days and times Grease will be shown for your sailing on the Independence of the Seas, as this information can change by sailing. We kindly ask you to please consult the daily Cruise Compass once onboard for show times. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

I find it a little hard to believe that they don't know when the shows are (I received a reply when our sailing was 10 days out).

I enjoyed grease. I just came of a B2B on indy and can report that cruises less then 7 days will have Grease. One of my cruises was 4 days and It was Preformed. The Show is 90 Min long and they usualy do a 6pm show for 2nd seating and a 9 Pm show for Main seating. On the recent Transatlantic they also had a 3rd show a few days later at 8:30 aimed at Main seating. . Get there early. This was the first show ever where i saw the theatre full. and a queue before the doors even opened. even the seats where the view is blocked by a projector were taken. on the 4 day Bruge and normandy cruise it was on day 4. they even have Once upon a time which is one of indys other production shows on the 4 day cruise. Grease is the only Show in the theatre where you will not see the cruise director on the stage as they do not let him speak before or after the show due to the production needs for grease

We have just done the TA on Indy and went to the first show at 6.00 when we arrived at the theatre at 5.30 it was starting to fill up then and by 5.45 it was nearly full with only the odd seats in the centre of the rows by 5.50 it was full with people standing at the back of the theatre.

Have to say part from the Ice shows its the only show worth seeing the main theatre shows need to be changed or revamped.

Edited by BARNET

I was on Indy in October and saw Grease. It was fantastic. It was shown twice on one night (times worked around 1st & 2nd dinner seating) and then once the following night. The only downside was that the second night Grease was shown there wasn't a lot of other entertainment going on - so no alternative for those who'd seen Grease the first night. The theatre was packed way before the start time - so get there early to get a good seat!

When people say go early, it means go very early at least 45-60mins before curtain up.

I was on an August sailing and at 30mins before show most decent seats were already taken. Those came at 15mins had no chance for a seat and the show started with some people sitting on the steps.

• 10 months later...

Well, we are taking the five night Western Caribbean cruise out of Port Everglades on the independence. We are at an 830 dinner seating and I know my parents desperately want to see this show but wondered how they could with 830 dinner lasting close to an hour minimum. And if I make early specialty dining reservations on a given night, I have to pay in advance...so I would like to make that on a night when the show is playing. Was hoping they had a set schedule of days and times for the five night Western Caribbean itinerary

Well, we are taking the five night Western Caribbean cruise out of Port Everglades on the independence. We are at an 830 dinner seating and I know my parents desperately want to see this show but wondered how they could with 830 dinner lasting close to an hour minimum. And if I make early specialty dining reservations on a given night, I have to pay in advance...so I would like to make that on a night when the show is playing. Was hoping they had a set schedule of days and times for the five night Western Caribbean itinerary

Windjammer is always an option.

• 3 weeks later...