Closet - Jewel of the Seas

fmack

Hi everyone. This will be our first cruise, so we want to have an idea of the closet & draw space of an interior room. We are a group of 10 with rooms 8087, 8525 and 8527. Plus, I have read that suitcases fit under the bed. Is that true of this ship? Thank you in advance for your help :)

Totally off the topic of closet space ... and please please forgive me if you feel I'm hijacking the thread ... but noticing that you have so many people in the rooms ... I thought I'd mention that the gym/spa locker room showers might be a worthwhile consideration if sharing the tiny shower/bathrooms in the cabins becomes an issue.

If some of the group doesn't mind walking down to the gym, the extra space, tons of towels, etc. may be worth it!

I mention this because 8 of us rented a 4 bedroom beach house ... there was an unexpected disaster the first night of our stay ... the owner moved us to the Sonesta Resort but put all 8 of us in two double rooms. Four middle-aged women trying to shower & get ready to go out every night in one hotel room was a hassle ... and the hotel bathrooms were at least twice if not three times the size of a ship bathroom. Anyway, one of my room-mates and I just showered in the spa locker room each evening ... much more room, total privacy at that time of the evening ... it worked out great for us.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Jewel. Our closet was very large with lots of hangers. I will say, though, that there were only two of us in the room. We have travelled with our two kids before (not on Royal but with similar closets) and it was okay. Not great, but everything fit.

Our room had storage everywhere! Besides the closet, there are drawers in the desk area, plus two "medicine cabinet" like cabinets on each side of the mirror. There is another cabinet above the TV with three shelves, plus an open shelf and a medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

Our suitcases fit just fine under the bed, but there was extra linens under one side of the bed (however, with 3-4 people, I think that those would probably be put on the extra beds).

Thank you so much piggiepuff for your response. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Were you staying in an interior room? I've read other reviews, but I'm not sure if the interior rooms have similar sized closet space as the larger rooms.

If the closet is that size then NP. I am concerned that the interior rooms have smaller closets (half that size) without shelving. I will definitely post pics for others after our March 2017 trip for people with similar queries

• 8 months later...

We were in an interior room on the Jewel. We found our large suitcase did not fit under the bed. It is a newer wheeled 28” and was too wide. We did stand it up in the closet under the hangers which worked for us but there was only 2 of us in the room.

I too was surprised by all the storage, lots of little spaces.

I don’t know if I would put 4 adults in a cabin though....

We were in an interior room on the Jewel. We found our large suitcase did not fit under the bed. It is a newer wheeled 28” and was too wide. We did stand it up in the closet under the hangers which worked for us but there was only 2 of us in the room.

I too was surprised by all the storage, lots of little spaces.

I don’t know if I would put 4 adults in a cabin though....

Did you try opening the bag and sliding it under the bed? We have been able to place our hardside 28" bags under the bed that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app