Anyone who with American Airlines with eZair

JP-Cruise

Flight delays on AA (or any other airline)????? Nah....it never happens...NOT! But seriously, flight delays on airlines are a part of modern flying. Rather then listen to some anecdotal comments (which are essentially meaningless) you can check the actual government statistics at this web site:

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/HomeDrillChart.asp

AA has actually been improving their on time departures and in the latest year....about 80% of their flights departed on time (within 15 minutes of scheduled departure). You can actually filter that government statistical display to show you by airline and airport.

Hank

I had a non-stop flight (Chicago to Ft. L) on AA booked for 4/15. It was a great price and we had business class seats. Today I was just looking at my cruise personalizer. The flight was changed from 8:30 am to 5:30 am and now stops in Charlotte with 40 minutes between flights. No notification. Panic call to my TA. Still waiting for an answer. If we miss the connection, we miss the cruise. It's a TA with no ports for 7 or 8 days. I used to love ez-air but am now having real doubts.

I had a non-stop flight (Chicago to Ft. L) on AA booked for 4/15. It was a great price and we had business class seats. Today I was just looking at my cruise personalizer. The flight was changed from 8:30 am to 5:30 am and now stops in Charlotte with 40 minutes between flights. No notification. Panic call to my TA. Still waiting for an answer. If we miss the connection, we miss the cruise. It's a TA with no ports for 7 or 8 days. I used to love ez-air but am now having real doubts.

4/15, so you are more than 45 days out....meaning that the problem lies with EZ Air/Princess and not with the airline. That actually makes it harder to deal with (IMHO). When an airline does this to you after they've been paid for the tickets, you can argue with them and get a routing that works for you, sometimes restoration of your original booking .

This won't help you now, but what we've done when we had something on EZ Air that we really liked was to complete the form instructing Princess to pay for the flights at that time. It makes them be no longer "flex," but it secures your arrangements with the airline. Of course if the airline cancels or alters flights, you get to deal with them directly.

Is your original flight still available thru EZ Air? Is it available thru the airline? OK, funky thought--does Southwest have a direct flight from Midway to FLL? If so, you could cancel the EZ Air and book with them directly.

And yes, I get highly irritated when I choose flights for a particular itinerary and they get changed.

Yes, and we did have an 6 hour flight delay ...but had Princess transfers so when we landed they were waiting for us in Anchorage and rushed us to the ship.

I have flights booked with EZair to Alaska this May from 2 different locations. My AA non stop from SNA(CA) remained untouched but my son's AA layover flights from Texas changed. Both sides 3hrs later each.....The flights that I had selected for him were dropped as a selection on EZair. The new AA flight they switched him to was now showing 20 bucks cheaper. So I cancelled his rescheduled flight and re booked under the new pricing. Then decided to do a return with United as he would get home earlier, so changed it again..then there was a $5. price drop so of course I changed it a third time.....It would not surprise me if they redirect him again on the out bound......

The advantage with EZair as others have mentioned they do guarantee to get you to the ship.....

Some do prefer to pay when they first book, but I prefer to have the flexibility so I guess I have to let Princess have it as well.

We used EZAir 3 times last year and 2 itineraries were changed (South America & Asia) Our Non-stop RT to London remained untouched.

When flights are booked far in advance Airlines often reschedule times or drop routes......I don't find using EZair any different from when I book and pay for my flights, immediately. I would say if my flights are not non-stop and I booked over 3 months out they change the routing or times(sometimes just 30minutes) 70% of the time.

Edited by land lover

My reason for asking Princess to pay at the time of the booking was that my daughter is mobility impaired. Delta will allow her to book certain, otherwise restricted seats after paying for the ticket....but if someone else gets the seat first, there is nothing they can do. I'd be willing to separate if necessary to give her what she needs, but on a lengthy flight to Asia, that would be less than optimal as well. So the best thing for her was to pay for the tickets and reserve the seats.