Patrick or Teiva Tour in Bora Bora

SeaYa52

A while back I read some negative things about Patrick's Tour or Bora Bora; but now things seem to be pretty positive. Anyone able to compare the two tours (Patricks Tour VS Teiva Tours?) Anyone know the cost of the two?

Thanks.

Have not done Patrick's tour but did Teiva Tours this March (06) and loved it. Cost was $120/pp but it was a whole day tour that included, shark feeding, ray feeding, snorkeling at coral gardens and a motu picnic plus entertainment by the guys running the tour (plus Teiva) who were a lot of fun. Check out Craven3's trip report on the March 10th TP Cruise to see her opinion of the tour.

Thanhks NYLady - I had read the review/trip report by Craven3's - and that's how I got Teiva Tours. I appreciate the info on cost. I am leaning towards booking Teiva. Do you still have time to hit BloodyMary's after the full day tour? We'll be in Bora Bora until 4:30 - and want to make sure we can stop in there too.

I wouldn't chance trying to make Bloody Mary's the day of the tour. We went on our first day in Bora Bora after the ship docked (around Noon) and had a fun time with others in our CC group who all showed up. If it had been on day 2 we might not have made it back to the ship. In any event, there really is not enough time after Teiva's tour to do Bloody Mary's.

Whatever you do you will have a great time and if this is your first Tahitian cruise I doubt it will be your last. It's like potato chips, you can't eat just one.

• 6 months later...
Have not done Patrick's tour but did Teiva Tours this March (06) and loved it. Cost was $120/pp but it was a whole day tour that included, shark feeding, ray feeding, snorkeling at coral gardens and a motu picnic plus entertainment by the guys running the tour (plus Teiva) who were a lot of fun. Check out Craven3's trip report on the March 10th TP Cruise to see her opinion of the tour.

What exactly did Teiva Tours serve at the picnic? :p

We did the Teiva Tours in October and it was wonderful! It was only a half day tour, but it seemed much longer. We did not have lunch, but they served juice, bananas & coconut for a snack after we snorkeled. They were VERY entertaining, keep us all laughing & singing while we glided thru the amazing waters of Bora Bora. I don't think you can go wrong with this tour.

We snorkeled with the black tipped sharks (harmless), stingrays and coral gardens. We were fortunate enough to see dolphins swimming around our boat on the way back to the dock....apparently that is a rarity!

You are going to LOVE the South Pacific Islands no matter what you do or where you go! They are BEAUTIFUL.........

• 2 years later...

We did the tour w/Patrick the end of Jan/09. We loved it. We did the 3/4 day lagoon tour w/motu picnic the first day, and his 1/2 day 4X4 tour the second. This has been our best excursion we have taken in our 19 cruises! We can't say enough about our 2 days w/Patrick while in Bora Bora. Our first day after the 3/4 day tour, on our way back to the dock, we were talking about going over to Bloody Mary's, and Patrick said he could drop us right there, and it would save us the taxi fare down. So they dropped us at the dock right at Bloody Mary's, and we only had to get a taxi back to town. Patrick is the best! :D :D

There were 24 total CC people that went on Patrick's tour, and everyone loved it!

Here is his website: http://www.maohinui.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=31

We did the tour w/Patrick the end of Jan/09. We loved it. We did the 3/4 day lagoon tour w/motu picnic the first day, and his 1/2 day 4X4 tour the second. This has been our best excursion we have taken in our 19 cruises! We can't say enough about our 2 days w/Patrick while in Bora Bora. Our first day after the 3/4 day tour, on our way back to the dock, we were talking about going over to Bloody Mary's, and Patrick said he could drop us right there, and it would save us the taxi fare down. So they dropped us at the dock right at Bloody Mary's, and we only had to get a taxi back to town. Patrick is the best! :D :D

There were 24 total CC people that went on Patrick's tour, and everyone loved it!

Here is his website: http://www.maohinui.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=31

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is it too early now to make plans for the October cruise for activities?

Doris and Bill

Thanks, I'll check it out. Is it too early now to make plans for the October cruise for activities?

Doris and Bill

Never too early if you're sure what you want--most of the time you don't pay in advance--sometimes a small deposit will hold your place

Nancy:D

Doris and Bill

What ship are you sailing on? If it's the Rhapsody's 9/30/09 sailing, we have a Meet and Mingle thread going, and we also have a 1/2 day tour with Patrick we have booked as a group. The ship leaves at 3PM, so we cannot do a full day's tour with him. Our price per person is now confirmed for $60, and he is willing to extend that to a second boat, which we do not have to fill completely.

Here's our M&M thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=835965&page=6

See post #201 if you are interested.

Doris and Bill

We are booked on the Paul Gaugin's October 3rd Paul Gaugin sailing and we booked Patrick's last boat for the second day in Bora Bora (the ship has nothing available that second day)--if you happen to be on that cruise, we'd be glad to share with you. It's really expensive, though. Let me know if you are interested.

Elena;)

A while back I read some negative things about Patrick's Tour or Bora Bora; but now things seem to be pretty positive. Anyone able to compare the two tours (Patricks Tour VS Teiva Tours?) Anyone know the cost of the two?

Thanks.

We have just returned from a 2 week cruise from Auckland to Hawaii on Celebrity 'Millenium', 10 days in Hawaii, then cruised back on Dawn Princess to Sydney....6 wonderful weeks all up!!

We did Patricks 1/2 day lagoon cruise for $60 pp as we organised a boat of 12 CC's & had an amazing time snorkelling with sharks, being 'nuzzled' by sting rays & having a great time in general. On our return someone mentioned going to Bloody Mary's so he made a detour there. I can thoroughly recommend this tour & it was one of the highlites of our trip

G&G :):cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Doris and Bill

Hi,

It's not too early to book your Motu picnic. We are going with Patrick in November, 2009 and we made our booking already.

floridagirl12345

• 1 month later...

Note: You may not have noticed that the first 6 posts on this thread were made in 2006!

We have Patrick booked for his 3/4 Lagoon and Motu Picnic in October of this year. We have all three of his boats booked with people from our roll call. It is definitely not too early to book with him. We're looking forward to a great day with him due to all the reports we've read, and Patrick has been very good about replying to our e-mails during the planning stages.

How did you get a hold of Patrick? I have emailed him twice through his site and have not had a response. We will be on Princess in Oct 2009

What date are you trying to book--we're on the 10/29 cruise but will be going with Patrick on the 26th since we will be in Bora Bora at that time

we had no trouble getting a response--in fact it probably was the same day

Nancy:D:D

I was looking for the day we are in Bora Bora. We are also booked on the same cruise, Oct 29th. We do not get into Papeete until Oct 28th. Did you use his email or his website?

Which Patrick? Patrick of Bora Bora or Patrick of Tahiti (Papeete)?

Patrick of Bora Bora. We are overnite in Bora Bora and are staying at a hotel overnite but am looking for Patricks day tour .

We used e-mail and he responded quickly--Where are you staying for the night in Bora Bora--you'll be glad you did

Nancy:D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the Rhapsody cruise in April 2010 and some people are organising a tour with Patrick.

Since you have been on the tour what did you do about toilets? Were there any bathroom facilities on his motu?

Archived