Carnival Vista Entertainment?

Summer Lovin

We haven't been on Carnival in years, and have been cruising on Royal the last five years. We are considering the Vista due to wanting to go back to Aruba, etc...I am curious about the entertainment on the Vista, what to expect, or if we would be disappointed? Thank you!

Like all Carnival ships...its the normal entertainment fare. The Vista does offer IMAX and Thrill Theatre in addition to Dive-in Movies. Normal group of comedians, piano bar and typical shows. Also usually have 3 singing groups. On our Vista cruise last week they had a Jazz band, duet singing pair and and strings trio who were very good. The DJ handled pool music. If your a late night....club person, you may be disappointed since they transition the Limelight lounge into a night club once comedian shows are done. The party vibe is just not there with this setup

Edited by lcpagejr

We haven't been on Carnival in years, and have been cruising on Royal the last five years. We are considering the Vista due to wanting to go back to Aruba, etc...I am curious about the entertainment on the Vista, what to expect, or if we would be disappointed? Thank you!

Theater entertainment is bad, the best entertainment is the comedians.

The Vista has the best entertainment in the fleet, somewhat different. Flick is well worth seeing. We found the musical entertainment good also, esp the 3 ladies playing violins in the lobby before dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know if Royal still has a show orchestra---but Carnival eliminated that several years ago---now it's "canned" music. We enjoyed the shows on Vista but be aware that the venue itself has a new construction twist. To save on rooms, the seating is set up as movable chairs (slightly nicer than folding chairs) so that after the shows the floor is cleared and the theater becomes the nightclub. The floor is flat, so that "height challenged" people as we are have difficulty seeing over others. We found that arriving early and sitting on the side or the balcony helped.

We sailed the Vista Nov 4. We liked Most of the changes and will sail on her again. What I did not like was the Liquid Lounge design and seating. This new design "kinda" worked on the Sunshine but on the Vista it has made seeing the stage/shows not easy. The main floor is flat as stated in an earlier post, and the chairs can be moved around. So people move the chairs which then makes viewing the stage around someone's head hard. The balcony has a lot of angles and with the tall glass panel walls, makes seeing the stage and singers hard. Last, I do not like the new playlist productions. No live band, lots of computer background singing to cover up the the lower quality singers. IMO Carnival has solved the over crowding of the shows. Lower quality productions = less people attending. The evening show were the daily event to not miss, now they are IMO the second or third evening choice. I talked to the entertainment director and Carnival is looking at what could be done to improve the Vista and hopes Carnival does not make the same mistake on the Horizon. We will see :cool::D:p

I don't know if Royal still has a show orchestra---but Carnival eliminated that several years ago---now it's "canned" music. We enjoyed the shows on Vista but be aware that the venue itself has a new construction twist. To save on rooms, the seating is set up as movable chairs (slightly nicer than folding chairs) so that after the shows the floor is cleared and the theater becomes the nightclub. The floor is flat, so that "height challenged" people as we are have difficulty seeing over others. We found that arriving early and sitting on the side or the balcony helped.

I think your mistaken. Liquid Lounge is like a Theatre...no moveable seats. When we cruised the Vista last week.... The limelight Lounge was turned into a night club after comedy... Chairs moveable there. The late night (midnight show) over 18 comedy was held in Liquid lounge

I think your mistaken. Liquid Lounge is like a Theatre...no moveable seats. When we cruised the Vista last week.... The limelight Lounge was turned into a night club after comedy... Chairs moveable there. The late night (midnight show) over 18 comedy was held in Liquid lounge

Actually the main show lounge on the Vista does have movable chairs in the lower level.

Thanks! Does Carnival have a magic show, where they have acts come on board, etc...? Or just the playlist shows?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are other shows, sorry I can't be more descriptive on what they are.