Which side will give the best views of the port

Computer Nerd

Looking to book a balcony on the Pride of America with friends. They want to pick the side of the ship that has the best views of the ports (facing land, not the water). Which side would be the best to choose to accomplish this?

First off, most of the ports that POA calls at are pretty industrial, not real scenic. But, Nawiliwil is typically starboard, though it is a very narrow harbor and both sides have land views. Hilo will depend on the week, as this is the port where the crew lifeboat drill happens, so each week will be a different side allowing the alternate side boats to be lowered. Kona is tendered. Kahului is usually port side to the dock, but starboard side facing shore. Honolulu can vary as well, depending on maintenance requirements. This is how I remember it from years ago, others may have newer and different reports.

Looking to book a balcony on the Pride of America with friends. They want to pick the side of the ship that has the best views of the ports (facing land, not the water). Which side would be the best to choose to accomplish this?

I would just book a port side cabin so that you can enjoy the long sail by of the Na Pali coastline.

Both the na pali and the lava flow will be port. I see POA go past us every Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

POA lava flow is starboard side. The ship turns so everyone has a view....but starboard is best for approaching the flow and best viewing.

Now this is confusing. :confused: :D

My POA information is correct about the lava flow . I have seen the lava from the ship several times and, I live several miles from where the lava is entering the ocean!! From my home, I can see the ship every Tuesday night as it heads toward the flow. Like I said, the ship will probably do a turn around, but the flow is off the starboard side as you approach the flow.