Spa on the Escape

Lau92080

Hey everyone![emoji1366]

Ok so I have never used the spa on any of the cruises I’ve been on, this will be my 11th cruise [emoji51]( I know what your thinking “is she serious!??”) but this time finally I would like to make time to enjoy it!

I’ve heard about a spa pass, is that for the length of the cruise? Are there different level passes you can purchase to use certain areas of the spa? Are the passes expensive?

Thanks![emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t believe their are different levels. Just called NCL and booked mine for next week it was $199 for the week. I have heard that if it doesn’t sell out they may sell day passes while the boat is in port. But I’m not sure the price on that.

They may sell single-day passes on port days only, but not always. It’s also pretty expensive, around $60-$70 per person. The other option is $199 per person (prior to sailing through NCL.com) or $219 per person on board.

I highly recommend it!

Keep in mind that the spa includes two main areas:

The Thermal Suite - a private area with saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, heated tile loungers, and other quiet relaxing amenities. Access to the Thermal Suite is what is sold as a pass for the cruise (or sometimes as day passes, but usually only during port days).

The therapy and treatment areas - This is where you get a massage, acupuncture, facial, hair cut/color, manicure, pedicure, etc. These treatments are all sold separately and not included in the Thermal Suite pass.

I usually buy a Thermal Suite pass and also indulge in a massage or other treatment in the other part of the spa! So relaxing.

Expensive is subjective. As others have said, it's usually $199 pp for a seven day cruise. You save $20 pp if you purchase it ahead of time online. We always get the spa pass, it's 100% worth it in our opinion. We do not have children and typically try to find areas that are less traveled by children. The spa is adults only. When other places are crowded, the spa is usually pretty quiet. We've never had a hard time finding a place to relax in the spa. Also, the view is great as it looks out over the bow. I'd much prefer relaxing in the spa over jostling for a place by the pool on the deck. Enjoy!

it will show up in your planner 100 days out, sometimes 90 days out. it will be $199. Well worth the investment in my opinion. Better yet, call your TA and ask how much additional it will cost you to upgrade to a Spa Balcony - getting the access included in room fee, taking away concern about being sold out. usually, it ends up being about $600 more for the spa balcony over an midship balcony. factoring in $400 for those spa passes, you pay $200 more for no worries, locality, and upgraded room amenities.

The spa is beautiful. However, I think whether or not it is quiet will depend on the particular passengers any given week. While beautiful---I didn't find it to be quiet on most visits. Just putting it out there to manage expectations in case it being quiet were essential to your enjoyment of it.

The spa is beautiful. However, I think whether or not it is quiet will depend on the particular passengers any given week. While beautiful---I didn't find it to be quiet on most visits. Just putting it out there to manage expectations in case it being quiet were essential to your enjoyment of it.

When I sailed, the attendants were very much on top of anyone making hardly any noise at all. Maybe it depends on the sailing? There was a group that was really fairly quiet and even they got in trouble with the attendant for making noise.

So my husband and I can’t share one pass? We have to buy 2 separate?

You need 2 passes. It's linked to your card, it's not just a pass you can hand to each other to take separately.

I agree --- it could very much be dependent on the particular sailing.

I had expected it to be a similar experience to the Gem or the Pearl which were very quiet. However, many that were in the spa on the Escape while I visited were in groups of 2 or more people and were socializing, talking, laughing the entire time. I'm not saying that all need to enjoy the spa the same way but it definitely wasn't quiet.

I felt I needed to mention so that others could manage expectations.

It is my understanding that you have to each buy a pass. Haven’t tried it yet but will in 30 days...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True, it varies.

I was in the sauna once on the Breakaway when two guys were having a loud conversation sharing financial advice. Um, wrong place to talk about money, guys....

Totally. I got off the Escape yesterday and I had access to the thermal suites for the week thanks to getting a spa balcony out of my balcony guarantee purchase. :cool:

I enjoyed the thermal suites, especially the heated tile loungers, but I also found that some folks were very chatty Cathy despite the "quiet area" signs posted all around the thermal suites. I didn't mind so much in the therapy pool that folks were talkative but some people turned the salt bath, sauna, steam room, and sanarium rooms into [loud] group chat sessions so it wasn't all that relaxing, IMO. I used my iPod when I could to block out the chatter but I may bring ear plugs next time I do it.

As I said, I really enjoyed it :) ... I just wish someone other people who used the thermal suites when I was there had been able to embrace being quiet in a spa for relaxation purposes a lot more firmly to heart.

They put a special sticker on the back of my keycard as proof of access to the thermal suites. I think it's a pass per person and not something that can be shared as I had to give my keycard to them whenever I used the thermal suites and to get it back, they asked for my name to retrieve the card. Assuming that's the way they check people aren't sharing and the person using the facilities is legit.

I am one of those that find the humidity and heat in the spa uncomfortable. I don’t buy a pass because I don’t enjoy it. But my husband loves it. One pass per person. You have to turn your key card in and you get it back when you leave.

Just got off the Escape a few weeks ago and had the Thermal Spa pass. Spent 2-3 hours a day in the spa. Totally relaxing. Adults only. Since I'm not a sun/pool person, this was my getaway from all the noise. Couldn't book it online, but you (or your travel agent) can call NCL and they will book it for you.

If you're not sure if you want it, wait until you board and go directly to the spa and request a tour. Then you can decide if you like it or not. Keep in mind, if you book before the cruise, the cost is $199. If you book after you board, the cost is $219. Go for it! You won't regret it!