Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

LOVE your review and Patti's pictures!! So much so I stayed up until 3:30 am reading the first 27 pages and just finished the last half! We're on the Magic for the first time in August...your review has us even more excited!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your cruise on the Magic. :cool:

Really enjoyed the review. We will be on the Magic in June and while we aren't first time cruisers, we aren't professionals like you all! I enjoyed following along with your adventures and the food pictures were great. We have already booked Mr. Sanchos and your review confirmed we made a good choice.

Nice! Starting to feel like I'm following you around. Leave on the Elation in March and have the Paradise booked for March of 2019.

Great minds think alike! :D Enjoy the Elation and look for our Paradise review at the end of April. :cool:

Really enjoyed the review. We will be on the Magic in June and while we aren't first time cruisers, we aren't professionals like you all! I enjoyed following along with your adventures and the food pictures were great. We have already booked Mr. Sanchos and your review confirmed we made a good choice.

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed the review. Enjoy your cruise on the Magic. We will be hitting Mr. Sancho's again in April. :D

Love, Love, Love, all of your reviews. We will be on Carnival Sunshine Sept.8-21,2018 for a back to back plus we will be turning Platinum. I can't wait.

Thank you so much for reading. Back to back cruises are the best. We loved our cruises on the Sunshine. Congrats on reaching Platinum! :cool:

I really enjoyed reading your review regarding the Magic. 7 weeks from today I will be boarding the Magic doing the eastern Caribbean route. I have one of the 'bowling alley' cabins booked and am SO SO SO excited! I have had that type of cabin before on the Liberty and Victory. Loved it! So excited to have one again. Again THANK YOU for posting your review and all of the photos. Truly enjoyed it...

I really enjoyed reading your review regarding the Magic. 7 weeks from today I will be boarding the Magic doing the eastern Caribbean route. I have one of the 'bowling alley' cabins booked and am SO SO SO excited! I have had that type of cabin before on the Liberty and Victory. Loved it! So excited to have one again. Again THANK YOU for posting your review and all of the photos. Truly enjoyed it...

Thank you for reading and glad you enjoyed it. I think that the bowling alley balcony cabins are our favorites. We have one booked for our upcoming Conquest cruise, and for our Hawaii cruise on the Splendor next year. Enjoy your cruise on the Magic. She is a great ship! :cool:

We are getting ready to book a cruise for the summer of 2019. I think your review has helped me make up my mind! I think we've narrowed it down to the Elation!

Glad you found our review helpful. Enjoy your planning. We will be back on the Elation in August. :cool:

I was super excited to see a Jamman review of the Magic when I went searching! We just booked the Magic for Jan 18, 2020 for our wedding. I told my fiance' who isn't on CC that you posted a magic review and he knew immediately who you were because I raved about your other reviews in the past! Tell Patty thanks for the awesome pics of Vibe, as that's where our reception will be and I hadn't found very good pics online!

I was super excited to see a Jamman review of the Magic when I went searching! We just booked the Magic for Jan 18, 2020 for our wedding. I told my fiance' who isn't on CC that you posted a magic review and he knew immediately who you were because I raved about your other reviews in the past! Tell Patty thanks for the awesome pics of Vibe, as that's where our reception will be and I hadn't found very good pics online!

Thank you so much for reading! It's posts like yours and others that make us want to continue to do these reviews. Plus we LOVE to do them. :D Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Half the fun is in the planning! BTW, Patti says thanks! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Trip Advisor is a good resource. We started by googling "Caribbean all inclusive day passes" and a whole world opened up! Our favorites are "Resort for a Day" and "ShoreExcursioneer" :cool:

Bumping. Looking for this to book for my trip

• 4 weeks later...
I want to do that too! Do you know how much it was?

I know this is a bit late (time wise) We just got off the Magic on Saturday and I did do the Fish Spa at Mr Sancho's. It was $20 -they wash off your feet/ankles and you have about 15 min in tank (it was awesome, felt like bubbles). Then they use an exfoliating cream to get the rest of the dead skin off (sounds gross I know) But it turned out well. I asked how they cared for the fish and I trust this place. Do NOT do the place in Costa Maya!

I know this is a bit late (time wise) We just got off the Magic on Saturday and I did do the Fish Spa at Mr Sancho's. It was $20 -they wash off your feet/ankles and you have about 15 min in tank (it was awesome, felt like bubbles). Then they use an exfoliating cream to get the rest of the dead skin off (sounds gross I know) But it turned out well. I asked how they cared for the fish and I trust this place. Do NOT do the place in Costa Maya!

Thanks for sharing this info! :cool:

I usually start reading reviews but seldom manage to finish them. But I’m happy to report that I read this beginning to end! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I’ll have to check out your Paradise review (is it up yet? If it is, I’ve missed it!). We are sailling on the Paradise next April to Cuba! Never sailed out of Tampa before so excited to read your experiences. Also been 10 years since I’ve sailed a Fantasy class ship! And never been to Cuba.

Again, thank you for sharing!

I usually start reading reviews but seldom manage to finish them. But I’m happy to report that I read this beginning to end! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. I’ll have to check out your Paradise review (is it up yet? If it is, I’ve missed it!). We are sailling on the Paradise next April to Cuba! Never sailed out of Tampa before so excited to read your experiences. Also been 10 years since I’ve sailed a Fantasy class ship! And never been to Cuba.

Again, thank you for sharing!

Thanks for reading! Haven't posted our Paradise review since we are still on the Conquest sailing into Nassau as we speak. Look for it the middle of next week. We had a great time on the Paradise! :D

Hi Jamman54 - My daughter and I will be taking our first cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines this July. We are taking the Elation. I am wondering if you can shed some light on the location of some of the dining options that they reference on their website. Specifically, where are the following located:

-Pizza Pirate

-Swirls

-Carnival Deli

-Good Eats

-Salad Bar

-Sweet Spot

-Seaday Brunch

-Coffee Bar

Thank you so much for your great review (as always) We are also booked in a bowling alley cabin for our Magic cruise. When I booked there were none available and I kept looking every day and one finally opened up so I was able to move us 4 cabins down, no charge, but we are on port side deck 7. We will be doing a different itinerary and sailing from a different port.

Hi, I never post, I just enjoy reading the reviews and gathering all the helpful tips. Your review is why I love reading these boards. Sometimes people can come across negative in some of these threads and it makes me sad. But I want to say people like you are the reason I love this site. The details in your commentary, the pictures, scanned documents, etc. just such a help. I have cruised a lot but, even did a couple contracts working with the entertainment teams, but you and your wife are true experts. I know these trip reports are an enormous amount of work. I just want to say “I appreciate you guys” and really value your input.

Hi Jamman54 - My daughter and I will be taking our first cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines this July. We are taking the Elation. I am wondering if you can shed some light on the location of some of the dining options that they reference on their website. Specifically, where are the following located:

-Pizza Pirate

-Swirls

-Carnival Deli

-Good Eats

-Salad Bar

-Sweet Spot

-Seaday Brunch

-Coffee Bar

The Coffee Bar (Musical Café) is located on the Promenade Deck 9 mid ship. The Seaday Brunch was held in the Imagination Dining Room on Deck 8 mid ship. All the rest of the venues listed can be found at Tiffany's Lido Restaurant on Deck 10. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise on the Elation. We will be back on her the end of August. :cool:

Thank you so much for your great review (as always) We are also booked in a bowling alley cabin for our Magic cruise. When I booked there were none available and I kept looking every day and one finally opened up so I was able to move us 4 cabins down, no charge, but we are on port side deck 7. We will be doing a different itinerary and sailing from a different port.

Thanks for reading! Bowling alley balconies are awesome. We enjoyed our cruises on the Magic. Enjoy your planning. :cool:

Hi, I never post, I just enjoy reading the reviews and gathering all the helpful tips. Your review is why I love reading these boards. Sometimes people can come across negative in some of these threads and it makes me sad. But I want to say people like you are the reason I love this site. The details in your commentary, the pictures, scanned documents, etc. just such a help. I have cruised a lot but, even did a couple contracts working with the entertainment teams, but you and your wife are true experts. I know these trip reports are an enormous amount of work. I just want to say “I appreciate you guys” and really value your input.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's posts like these that fuel our desire to continue to do our reviews. In fact, our next one will be going up shortly. :D

Jamman, I booked too late to snag a HMC cabana. Do you know if they possibly hold back one to be booked by someone after they board the ship?

Oh, by the way, absolutely love your reviews!