Carnival Horizon

Mary49

Hi, just a couple of questions.

1. What is the name of the Restaurant with "Traditional Dining".

2. What is the best table for 2. Specifically a window seat or overlooking the balcony.

Thanks for the info.:):):):):)

At the moment, the reflections dining room which is mid ship is the traditional seating dining room. It's only a one floor dining room, so the balcony wouldn't come into play. I'm not really sure, if they have seats by the window either, though I imagine they would have a few, but not as many as the AFT dining room. That said, they may change which dining rooms are used for which seatings based on the sailings and what's been requested.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi, just a couple of questions.

1. What is the name of the Restaurant with "Traditional Dining".

2. What is the best table for 2. Specifically a window seat or overlooking the balcony.

Thanks for the info.:):):):):)

Since you're only a table for 2, then I am assuming that you want traditional dining so that the same servers will be taking care of you each evening. Because the only other reason people still choose traditional seating is to sit and enjoy dinner with the same other people that have been assigned to their larger table.

You do know that you can choose anytime dining and if you like the servers that you get on night one, you can ask to be placed in their section for night two. If you don't like them, then just ask to be put anywhere but with them on night two. Food for thought.... And of course you have the flexibility to adjust your dining time over a 3 1/2 hour time frame.

On NCL ships, one (or two) dining rooms are casual and one is formal (usually the aft dining room). Are there any differences between the dining rooms on the Horizon?
First of all, there is no such thing as formal on NCL. Some of the ships require long pants in the large dining room as well as Le Bistro and Bayamo specialty restaurants. On the Horizon, the aft dining room is for anytime dining and is multiple leveled, whereas the middle dining room is for traditional dining. The dress requirements are the same for both venues, where shorts are allowed each evening with the exception of elegant nights, which are once per 4 night cruise and twice on 6-8 night cruises.

First of all, there is no such thing as formal on NCL. Some of the ships require long pants in the large dining room as well as Le Bistro and Bayamo specialty restaurants.

Formal is the term NCL uses for what you describe and the dining room:

"Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days."

On the Horizon, the aft dining room is for anytime dining and is multiple leveled, whereas the middle dining room is for traditional dining. The dress requirements are the same for both venues, where shorts are allowed each evening with the exception of elegant nights, which are once per 4 night cruise and twice on 6-8 night cruises.

I'm pretty sure that I picked early dining in advance. Does that mean I shouldn't have to wait long if I show up when the dining room opens?

You will find your table number for Reflections dining on your charge card. You will be shown to your table first night and thereafter sit at the same table for the duration of the cruise. I had 6pm dining. Food is mediocre with not too much choice but edible.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you choose 6:00 pm dining....then you are seated (doors open) at 6:00. Same for late sitting. Important to be on time, the table is not served until everyone is present.

We always choose traditional sitting. Not necessarily because we want the same servers, but because I don't want to wait to be seated. I can get a pager at any restaurant at home & wait. Nice to not have to do that on vacation.