Epic Docks/Ports Western, where&did you like?

Robinola

For the Epic, the week of Thanksgiving this year, we dock in Cozumel, Jamaica and a Grand Caymen. What did you think about the dock/port stop before venturing out?

That's a bit of a vague question. What are you looking for? Excursions, things to do?

Just did this cruise last week and have done this route before. Didn’t get off the ship in Grand Cayman since this was the 3rd visit for us. In Cozumel we did the Passion Island excursion since I had the excursion credit. In Jamaica we docked at the James Bond pier so we got off walked about 15 minutes to Margaritaville for some wifi and back to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For the Epic, the week of Thanksgiving this year, we dock in Cozumel, Jamaica and a Grand Caymen. What did you think about the dock/port stop before venturing out?

Grand Cayman has great beaches, and is one of my favorite ports.

Cozumel I think the port is really meh, typical tourist shops and a bar but you really have to venture outward to enjoy the stop. I couldn't care less about Cozumel. Jamaica, the port is fairly typical but there's a lot to do.

Don't like Cozumel. Quite touristy, yet not much there at the same time. Jamaica is really touristy too, but at least more to buy/look at. Locals much more aggressive once you exit the port area. Not a big fan of either place.

I like Grand Cayman though. IMO, there's the most to see/buy and locals are nice. You feel much safer wandering everywhere on the island and it all looks nicer too. Probably the most tourist trappy, but it means everything is nicer/safer too. Cozumel's tourist trap area is nice and clean too, but it's not a large area and once you get outside, it's fairly gritty typical Mexico. People are nice too there, though. Jamaica is my least favorite by far.

We dock in Falmouth, where can I go Fromm there? There doesn’t seem to be anything here outside of the port.

Falmouth is the less desirable port. And the location of recent domestic violence.

Grand Cayman is a tender port which adds to the complexity. The last time we were on the Epic, it took over an hour to get ashore and an hour to get back to the ship (standing in a long line in the sun).

Maybe a not so funny story, when we finally go on a tender (lifeboat) leaving the ship, one of the two engines on he tender started to billow smoke. Can you say fire. There we sat, dead in the water while tenders from all other ships (including the Epic) passed by. We almost needed a lifeboat for our lifeboat. The crew finally got permission to finish the trip to shore on one engine.