Day Passes at Resorts on St. Lucia?

harryw

Hey CruisinCrow like to know how this turns out for you as we're thinking of doing the same thing next year. If you can would you do a follow up or PM with how everything went and who you called or contacted? Where did you find the number thanks Todd

P.S I'm going to two sandals but on different islands this year so will do some poking around myself as well.

Of course! I called the contact number for Sandals Grande St Lucia on the Sandals website: http://www.sandals.com/contact/contact-resorts/ The number will be different depending on which resort you're interested in. They transferred me to the Executive Office where I talked to Judi.

I'll try to remember to post a review when I get back (end of April). If you don't hear from me, just remind me on this thread. :)

Which Sandals are you planning to visit? We've stayed at 6 different Sandals resorts but never the Grande St Lucia so we're very excited to see it.

• 4 weeks later...
Of course! I called the contact number for Sandals Grande St Lucia on the Sandals website: http://www.sandals.com/contact/contact-resorts/ The number will be different depending on which resort you're interested in. They transferred me to the Executive Office where I talked to Judi.

I'll try to remember to post a review when I get back (end of April). If you don't hear from me, just remind me on this thread. :)

Which Sandals are you planning to visit? We've stayed at 6 different Sandals resorts but never the Grande St Lucia so we're very excited to see it.

Thanks, CruisinCrow! Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm back with a review of Sandals Grande, as promised.

We had a very nice day at the resort. The cab ride was $30 each way. The traffic was pretty bad on the way there so it took 30 minutes. When we got to Sandals, both the security guard and the front desk had our names so we didn't have any problems checking in. Price was $100 a person and since Sandals doesn't require wrist bands, they held our driver's licenses at the front desk until we checked out.

We didn't have any problems finding shaded lounge chairs. The ones around the main pool were already "reserved" but we found two under a tiki. Actually there were plenty of chairs around. The resort didn't seem full.

There were several lunch options - buffet at Bayside, a la carte lunch at Barefoot on the Beach and there was also a pizza place and a crepes place. They are building a jerk shack, which looked like it will be finished before too long. We ate at Bayside and then got a crepe at the creperie.

I was able to try a stand-up paddleboard. When I signed in, I just wrote "day pass" where it asked for my room number. The water in Rodney Bay is very calm so it's a good place for water sports. We saw the ski boat in the afternoon.

Our ship left at 5 so we left at 3 to give ourselves plenty of time. Actually, the driver who took us there offered to pick us up and we liked him so we arranged the time with him. He was there right on time. The traffic was actually better on the way back so it only took 25 minutes. But I'd rather be back too early than too late!

Here are a few pictures:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Thanks for reporting back! The resort looks beautiful!

Do you know if SCUBA diving is included in the day pass as well?

Thanks again!

Scuba is not included in the day pass. For one, the boats leave early in the morning, no way you'd get there before they head out. And for another, day pass is only supposed to incluse non-motorized watersports. Lots of people waterski and tube ride and such though. You wouldn't be able to do the boat trips though.

Scuba is not included in the day pass. For one, the boats leave early in the morning, no way you'd get there before they head out. And for another, day pass is only supposed to incluse non-motorized watersports. Lots of people waterski and tube ride and such though. You wouldn't be able to do the boat trips though.

Agreed. Scuba is definitely not part of the day pass. We've stayed at several different Sandals resorts and they have a lot of requirements before they even let guests dive. For example, if you haven't had a dive in the past 6 months, they make you do a skills test in the pool first. Also, you have to sign up a day in advance.

Non-motorized water sports are no problem though.

Agreed. Scuba is definitely not part of the day pass. We've stayed at several different Sandals resorts and they have a lot of requirements before they even let guests dive. For example, if you haven't had a dive in the past 6 months, they make you do a skills test in the pool first. Also, you have to sign up a day in advance.

Non-motorized water sports are no problem though.

Thanks for the quick response!