Cosol tours

chaching

We just booked a day exploring St. Lucia with Cosol Tours. Highly recommended by TA #1. Great rate. They confirmed via email right away and told us what time and where to meet them when we arrive on the Celebrity Eclipse. It's a great tour and you get to see a banana plantation, fishing villages, marigot Bay, Soufriere and the Pitons and snorkeling on Jalousie Beach, a volcano and Toraille Waterfall plus the botanical gardens.

Looking forward to a great day in St. Lucia in January!

We did the same tour in April 2011, our tour guide was Yellowbird (Cosol's brother, if I remember correctly). It was a fantastic day, one of the best excursions we've done in the Caribbean. It's a full day with a fair bit of driving, but you get to see all the highlights. Snorkeling between the Pitons was a highlight (the snorkeling isn't anything special, but the location is). Yellowbird was entertaining and lots of fun & very informative. I don't know how they continue to provide the tour so cheaply with food and unlimited drinks being provided. Definitely a bargain and a wonderful tour.

We just booked a day exploring St. Lucia with Cosol Tours. Highly recommended by TA #1. Great rate. They confirmed via email right away and told us what time and where to meet them when we arrive on the Celebrity Eclipse. It's a great tour and you get to see a banana plantation, fishing villages, marigot Bay, Soufriere and the Pitons and snorkeling on Jalousie Beach, a volcano and Toraille Waterfall plus the botanical gardens.

Looking forward to a great day in St. Lucia in January!

How much do the tour cost?

Just got back this past weekend from our Carnival Victory cruise and did Cosol's tour - had a GREAT time and worth every penny!

Baptist was our driver and come to find out, he used to be a CMPD officer and lived not far from us here in Charlotte!

Only issue was that we did not go to the botanical gardens - not sure what happened.

And if you are susceptible to motion sickness, take your Bonine. The roads are narrow, hilly and winding! Had a guy get car sick and missed most of the stops

• 3 weeks later...
It's been recommended to me to do a Land & Sea package but from the description on Cosol's site I couldn't figure out if there is some boat time included in the island tour? Anyone know?

Cosol's tour includes a short water taxi ride from the pier in Soufriere to the pier at Jalouise Beach - about 15 minutes one way (and back to the pier). You then return to the ship via land. You do not get the Sea tour up the West coast on the return to the ship.

Can you tell us how much time you have at the Sulpher springs & at the beach? I am conserned about the smell at the sulpher springs, we went to one in Dominica & it was a bubbling puddle & smelled so bad it made you sick:eek: Also I think I heard the roads are pretty bad & windy?

Thank you

Can you tell us how much time you have at the Sulpher springs & at the beach? I am conserned about the smell at the sulpher springs, we went to one in Dominica & it was a bubbling puddle & smelled so bad it made you sick:eek: Also I think I heard the roads are pretty bad & windy?

Thank you

Usually, the volcano tour is about 30 minutes or so. The mud baths are extra and mostly, you don't have time for it on Cosol's tour. The smell is not as bad as Dominica as it gets a decent breeze through the area.

Yes, the roads are narrow and winding and mountainous in St. Lucia -again, though, not as bad as Dominica - our roads are somewhat wider and more navigable for 2 cars. If you get motion sickness, be prepared though.

Enjoy your visit.

Usually, the volcano tour is about 30 minutes or so. The mud baths are extra and mostly, you don't have time for it on Cosol's tour. The smell is not as bad as Dominica as it gets a decent breeze through the area.

Yes, the roads are narrow and winding and mountainous in St. Lucia -again, though, not as bad as Dominica - our roads are somewhat wider and more navigable for 2 cars. If you get motion sickness, be prepared though.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you! Do you know how much swimming time you have on the tour?:)

Yes, you do get to see alot of St Lucia on this tour w/ Cosol. But you best be ok with lots of driving, I mean lots.............Time at the beach was short and very crowded. There were around 20 broken down chaises that were mostly occupied when we arrived and then to make it worst a ship sponsered snorkling tour showed up with another 25 people. This was the first "island" tour we had done in a long time. I don't think we are the type for 'island' land tours

Where do they pick you up, at the cruise terminal?

Yes, they pick you up at the docks. You have to exit the sevure area and enter the shopping areas and usually the tour operators are right near there. They will give you detailed instructions on what to look for once you book.

Enjoy.

Just back from our Victory cruise. We booked Cosol and had an awesome time!

Anyone on the fence, do it. You'll be glad you did. For the money, you can't beat it. You will see a ton of the island, be fed some very good food, served some great rum punch (love the spices they put in it) and be surrounded by some very friendly people.

I agree. His tour is well worth the $$. We are going on our third tour with him in March and looking forward to it. Each time we've taken differnt people with us. He does a great job with customer service. He likes to make sure everyone is having a great time.:)

Another plus with Cosol Tours;

no deposit required, or credit card on file. Pay cash, AFTER the excursion.

On three other shore excursions I have reserved(non-ship ones),

this was not the case.

Two excursions at other ports, required credit card info be forwarded to them,

in order to make a reservation.(not charged, but will if I am a "no show").

Another one required a PayPal deposit, while making the reservation.

IMO, more and more tour operators, are requiring some type of deposit/

credit card info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just back from taking this tour during our stop in St. Lucia week of 11-10. Cosol himself was our guide. We did a "custom" tour.

Depending on the amount of folks in your group, he will take you pretty much where you want to go. We had total of 8. Just sent him an email, with what you would like and the amount of people, he is really prompt at replying and great to work with.

If you need extra folks for a tour, you can always check the meet and mingle boards for your sailing to see if anyone else would be interested.

• 1 month later...