Some questions regarding Grand Suite and the Concierge Lounge on the Indy

Pellaz

I tried running a forum-search for some of this, but came up with some confusing results (Concierge Lounge? Suite Lounge? etc.)

We'll be in a Deck 10 Grand Suite on the Independence in about two weeks -- my first suite on any cruise so far. :D

Am I correct in thinking that we should have access to the Concierge Lounge, shown on the deck plans to be further aft on Deck 10? Or is there a separate "suite lounge" as I've seen mentioned in some posts?

Assuming we have access to a lounge somewhere, what amenities are included in the lounge, and what would be the operating hours?

The reason why I've been unsure as to whether we would have access is because this is a full-ship charter, and I'm aware that some of the perks I've read about cannot be offered to us. (Priority access to shows, VIP seating at the pool, etc.)

I think early boarding, early access to stateroom and priority luggage delivery are also normal perks, but I'm almost certain early boarding can't -- or won't -- be offered either.

Any info y'all could provide would be awesome. :)

You will have access to the Concierge Lounge on deck 10.

The lounge offers 24-hour access to a complimentary specialty coffee machine.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

Complimentary soda, selected beers/wines, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks for 3.5 hours each evening.

Hours for these events will be detailed in a letter you will have in your stateroom when you arrive.

We book GS and never had early access to the suite they are ready same time as other rooms, I would check with concierge to see what perks you will get , you should get a email, we have same situation on a celebrity cruise in six weeks

You will have access to the Concierge Lounge on deck 10.

The lounge offers 24-hour access to a complimentary specialty coffee machine.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

Complimentary soda, selected beers/wines, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks for 3.5 hours each evening.

Hours for these events will be detailed in a letter you will have in your stateroom when you arrive.

Thanks, really appreciate the info.

-- And also really hoping they don't bypass the perks on a charter cruise and we SEE that letter when we get into the GS. :)

We book GS and never had early access to the suite they are ready same time as other rooms,

Oh well, would have been nice. I've gotten used to it on Carnival.

I would check with concierge to see what perks you will get , you should get a email, we have same situation on a celebrity cruise in six weeks

No email from Royal yet. When does it usually arrive? We sail on Feb. 1st.

-- And also really hoping they don't bypass the perks on a charter cruise and we SEE that letter when we get into the GS. :)

Usually 6-7 days before your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now Charters is a different thing. It is up to the Charter what perks you will receive. We did a Charter in December and we were in a GS. We lost most of our Suite Perks.

You would think the perks are part of Royal C&A but it appears Charters are charged for these things. No Alcohol during cocktail hours.

Some full ship Charters still include your perks but some do not. They may utilize the Lounges for other things.

As I expected, there is considerable doubt as to whether we'll actually receive any suite perks. This is what I expected, so if it happens I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll also report back here whether it takes place...hopefully from the ship IF the Voom internet is usable.

Gold cards open the diamond lounge door too. This isn’t advertised and generally there is no point but if you want a peak at how steerage travel then you’ve the golden ticket in your hand.

You used the word "steerage." I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Also, IS there a Diamond Lounge on the Independence?

Usually 6-7 days before your cruise.

Great, so there IS still time to get the letter from the concierge!

Not much time, though. :o

The current DL on Indie is far far nicer than the CL as it has outside seating area and windows.

The CL is like an internal cupboard.

If the Concierge is Felix then he allowed us to leave our hand luggage in the CL until our suite was ready. We were in the PS and no early access!

I was told that full ship charters do not get the C&A points, and it is up to the charter to decided what benefits are given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gold cards open the diamond lounge door too. This isn’t advertised and generally there is no point but if you want a peak at how steerage travel then you’ve the golden ticket in your hand.

Do suite guests officially have access to the Diamond lounge? I didn't believe they did but I am interested in getting clarification on this.

Do suite guests officially have access to the Diamond lounge? I didn't believe they did but I am interested in getting clarification on this.

No official access to the DL by suite guests, unless they also happen to be at Diamond level or above.

Independence?

Great, so there IS still time to get the letter from the concierge!

Not much time, though. :o

In our full ship Charter NO email from Concierge. I personally emailed the Concierge and didn’t receive a reply. I inquired once onboard and was told by the Concierge that all emails to the Concierge gets forwarded to the Charter contact.

I was told that full ship charters do not get the C&A points, and it is up to the charter to decided what benefits are given.

On our full ship Charter in December, we received all our points. We were in GS for 7 days and received 14 pts.

Before making a Diamond, I can confirm our Gold Sea Pass Cards Opened the DL doors. We tried this on two ships.

Indy will get the new Suite Lounge in April during the drydock. Will replace the conciege lounge. New suite lounge will be where cloud nine and seven hearths is now. I usually stay away from conciege lounge as is a dull closed in type atmosphere except when Diamond lounge is packed. In a Grand on Indy next time aboard so will try new one out

Before we made Diamond, staying in GS, our Gold Sea pass Cards Opened the DL door. I can confirm on two ships.

When we were on navigator 6 weeks ago they were checking card before entering diamond area , we were diamond and also in suite , this was navigator which had a nicer diamond lounge than concierge .

Before we made Diamond, staying in GS, our Gold Sea pass Cards Opened the DL door. I can confirm on two ships.

Mistakes are sometimes made, could be a ship policy, or there could be undersireable logistical reasons for this, but unless there's been some recent change in policy, being a suite guest alone does not grant access to the DL.

Mistakes are sometimes made, could be a ship policy, or there could be undersireable logistical reasons for this, but unless there's been some recent change in policy, being a suite guest alone does not grant access to the DL.

Just sharing what was our experience.

As seems to be true, Royal is consistently inconsistent.

The current DL on Indie is far far nicer than the CL as it has outside seating area and windows.

The CL is like an internal cupboard.

Is the DL located up near the Viking Crown Lounge?

I've been on this particular charter three times (4th coming up) and everyone seems to get the appropriate points, assuming they've established a C&A account. Hoping we get the double points for the suite; goodness knows we paid enough for it. :)

I've been on this particular charter three times (4th coming up) and everyone seems to get the appropriate points, assuming they've established a C&A account. Hoping we get the double points for the suite; goodness knows we paid enough for it. :)

There is a 80s charter out of Southampton and I have it in writing from 2 people at RCI that C&A points will not be awarded.

“As mentioned on the previous email unfortunately this sailings (floating Festivals) are not going to accumulate C&A points and we are not going to have the C&A benefits available. I verified this information before the original email to be 100% sure about and that was the information received.

Edited by little britain