What is there to do on a Sunday?

Lyn1Lyn

Our ship has been rerouted and our new stops include Grand Cayman, but it is a Sunday and from what I understand, all stores are closed. what else is there to do on a Sunday between 11-7pm? I do not want to book an excursion through the cruise line and I really don't want to hang at the beach all day.

You could stay on your ship :). Before you laugh, many of us have been know to spend a nice quiet port day aboard our cruise ships. Otherwise you could always go to hell......meaning Hell, Grand Cayman. But I would guess the post office might be closed on Sunday. Most folks do go to the Caymans for the sea...be it from a beach or a boat.

Hank

We enjoyed our Sunday there last month. We were THE only ship in port, and it made getting around very easy. We walked to the bus depot and caught the bus and rode it to Cemetery Beach, stayed for a couple hours and then flagged down a bus to go back to the port. Some shops and restaurants were indeed open. Still plenty to do. iMHO.

We enjoyed our Sunday there last month. We were THE only ship in port, and it made getting around very easy. We walked to the bus depot and caught the bus and rode it to Cemetery Beach, stayed for a couple hours and then flagged down a bus to go back to the port. Some shops and restaurants were indeed open. Still plenty to do. iMHO.

How long did it take to get to that beach?

That is great to hear.. we will be the only ship in as well, so that shld be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Cayman is a prime tourist destination ... restaurants and bars will be open as there are a BUNCH of folks in hotels. AND most all dive operations are running for the vacationing divers who are on land/dive vacations. I've been there on many Sundays. My Bar is as busy as any other day.