Jade VIP seating at theatre

dmsw00

When we went in February the concierge Omar said it was only for haven. When we went to the theatre, there were only a few there. But he also showed his loyalty to the haven guest over other suites in a few other ways as well. We have always been able to sit in the suite section on all other cruises we have taken (9)

When we went in February the concierge Omar said it was only for haven. When we went to the theatre, there were only a few there. But he also showed his loyalty to the haven guest over other suites in a few other ways as well. We have always been able to sit in the suite section on all other cruises we have taken (9)

We were in an aft penthouse on the Jade in August last year and Omar would always seat us in the reserved section.

We were in an aft penthouse on the Jade in August last year and Omar would always seat us in the reserved section.

We were not the only non-haven suite guest that he denied this perk to. We spoke to a few others who did not even know what he did.

We sailed in January of 2016 and was told by Omar that it was only for Haven. We were in a 2 bed suite. . He really only had time for haven. Sailing Jade again on November 27 and I am glad he is not on board.

We have always had reserved seating on all of the suites we have sailed on, so we were really confused with this one. His tip reflected how upset we were.

I know that this is on the "side" of what OP is talking about, but just wanted to mention that the "VIP seating" in the theater also is a Latitude "perk" for passengers with Latitude Platinum Plus or Ambassador status (without any regards to type of stateroom)......

I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about those seats. Unless something has changed, they are in the second level on the side. Better seats elsewhere. (Yes, I do understand that having reserved seats lets you show up later, so that's a plus for some.)

I was on the September 11th sailing to Norway and Iceland and Cholette was the concierge. We were in a 2 bedroom non haven suite and we had reserved seating in the theatre each night. She reserved the front row of the first upstairs section as well as all of the second section on the left. We always sat in the front row so its possible she reserved extra seating for the non haven suite guests.

I was on the September 11th sailing to Norway and Iceland and Cholette was the concierge. We were in a 2 bedroom non haven suite and we had reserved seating in the theatre each night. She reserved the front row of the first upstairs section as well as all of the second section on the left. We always sat in the front row so its possible she reserved extra seating for the non haven suite guests.

Was this on the Jade.

I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about those seats. Unless something has changed, they are in the second level on the side. Better seats elsewhere. (Yes, I do understand that having reserved seats lets you show up later, so that's a plus for some.)

Well I have been seated in these seats and happen to enjoy them.. And besides it is a suite perk and I expect to receive such perks. I don't believe they should be reserved only for Haven. That is a slap in the face, as to say that we are not as good as they.

Well I have been seated in these seats and happen to enjoy them.. And besides it is a suite perk and I expect to receive such perks. I don't believe they should be reserved only for Haven. That is a slap in the face, as to say that we are not as good as they.

You might want to verify this? It is listed as a Haven perk on Ncl's web site and NOT on the Suites section. Do you have another NCL link besides the Accommodation section?

Yeah I’m pretty sure this isn’t a suite perk (at least not any longer). Probably best to confirm with NCL ahead of sailing so that you’re not disappointed, or just book a Haven room if the perk is that important.

plus save the embarrassment of being wrong, because you expect it.. :)

Was this on the Jade.

Yes, this was on the Jade, just under a month ago. I was quite nervous that the perks for non haven suite guests may have been altered but we did get everything we were supposed to get - including priority boarding, disembarkation at all ports (including tenders) lunch and dinner in cagneys/modernos, free room service etc.

One thing I did do however was ask our butler about the reserved seats on day one. He immediately phoned the concierge who told him this was fine and where the reserved seats were.

I do get the feeling that the seating for non haven suites may be seen as something they allow at their own discretion. Having said that, I have travelled twice in non haven suites (jade and dawn) and got reserved seating in both.

Hope this helps

Edited by wannabecanuck

Yeah I’m pretty sure this isn’t a suite perk (at least not any longer). Probably best to confirm with NCL ahead of sailing so that you’re not disappointed, or just book a Haven room if the perk is that important.

You may be right. Thank you for the advise. We just got the concierge request letter and will ask when we return it.

plus save the embarrassment of being wrong, because you expect it.. :)

Not sure why you would think I will embarrass myself. We ask, he said no, and then we went to the show, found a seat and enjoyed the show. Never said that i fought with him. I will say that when we looked at the reserved seating there was hardly anyone sitting there (maybe 2 or 3 guests) and that did not sit well with me.

I’m confused. Are you talking about suites that just are not In the haven courtyard?? If that is the case we stayed in the aft penthouse suite on the escape but it was still considered a haven room just not In the courtyard because of the aft location. We received everything the haven had to offer!

I’m confused. Are you talking about suites that just are not In the haven courtyard?? If that is the case we stayed in the aft penthouse suite on the escape but it was still considered a haven room just not In the courtyard because of the aft location. We received everything the haven had to offer!

On the Jewel class ships, they have a Haven area that has cabins that are allowed in that area. Those cabins numbers start with a "H". They also have suite cabins not in that area and they start with "S" and cannot be in that area . Dawn class ships only have suites that start with "S" because they do not have a Haven area.

We sailed in January of 2016 and was told by Omar that it was only for Haven. We were in a 2 bed suite. . He really only had time for haven. Sailing Jade again on November 27 and I am glad he is not on board.

We have always had reserved seating on all of the suites we have sailed on, so we were really confused with this one. His tip reflected how upset we were.

I do believe Omar will be back for that sailing. We put him at the top of our best list along with Carlos and Florentina.

We had an aft penthouse suite on the Jade early this year and Omar was very attentive. He stopped by our suite several times during the cruise to check on us and we had no complaints. We didn't make any requests though, dinner reservations were made on line prior to boarding and we didn't need anything changed.

We didn't ask about reserved seating in the theater. We've stayed in non Haven suites on other jewel-class ships and I remember seeing a sign at that section in the theater saying that those seats were reserved for Haven guests only so it wasn't something we expected. If they opened the reserved section to all suite guests, I wonder if there would be enough seats. The section isn't that large.

Not in reference to the original question but on the Gem and the Dawn the reserved seating is for Owner's Suites and Garden Villas only per the signage there. It opens up to General seating 10 minutes to show time. On the -away class ships it was open to all Haven guests but again open to anyone 10 min to show time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Not sure why you would think I will embarrass myself. We ask, he said no, and then we went to the show, found a seat and enjoyed the show. Never said that i fought with him. I will say that when we looked at the reserved seating there was hardly anyone sitting there (maybe 2 or 3 guests) and that did not sit well with me.

Your post claimed it was your perk and you "expect" it. Looks like that is your assumption with no fact. Now your above post, backs off of this and it is a random cutesy.