Breakaway/Gem?UK TA's conversation with NCL

Ms Jo UK

Not sure what to make of this.

I am booked on the Gem 25th Nov 2018 . As we know it has been posted on these boards that Breakaway was replacing the Gem in Nola. As I am traveling to Aus/Far East until mid November I called my UK TA to ask what will happen with my booking/cabin etc. She said they had no notification of this and she would call NCL and enquire.

She just called back and the NCL rep stated to her that this change in ship is not happening and we will absolutely be sailing on the Gem out of NOLA.

Aaah what to think!

it was said in the press release i think that NCL will be handing all of the booking/cabin changes automatically and they should be done by the time they release the schedules to the public at the end of this month.

NCL is pretty good about sending you/your TA email WHEN changes are made. If you have not got an email, the change has not been made and your TA’s booking system and the NCL call center’s booking system would not show a change. Remember, call Center people are minimum wage workers who are trained to read what is on heir screen.

Give it Time. Moving 10’s of thousands of reservations from one ship to another is NOT just one keystroke on a computer. And,,, once it is done, there will be 10’s of thousands of people on the phone trying to change their cabin assignments.

Not sure what to make of this.

I am booked on the Gem 25th Nov 2018 . As we know it has been posted on these boards that Breakaway was replacing the Gem in Nola. As I am traveling to Aus/Far East until mid November I called my UK TA to ask what will happen with my booking/cabin etc. She said they had no notification of this and she would call NCL and enquire.

She just called back and the NCL rep stated to her that this change in ship is not happening and we will absolutely be sailing on the Gem out of NOLA.

Aaah what to think!

We are on the Gem Repo cruise to NOLA . We were told (by NCL rep and by fellow cruisers who have experienced changeovers before) that NCL would automatically change the booked passengers on the Gem to the Breakaway in a similar category. Supposedly that is happening on Oct 19. That is the only information we have so far.