Getting ready for dinner with kids

LeoEdre

Of course the question regards those kids who are old enough have their own routine (teens and pre teens).

How much time do they need in the room to get ready for dinner / theater? Is it just a quick shower and change of clothes, or do they take even longer than the parents to be "perfect"? Do they also have some rest or relax in the room before dinner like many adults do?

(I am just curious, not looking for advice)

Inviato dal mio LG-H850 utilizzando Tapatalk

It wil depend on the kids, and if they're into the opposite sex yet! Girls especially will want to get all "done up" for evening, if they have their eye on some of the male passengers! Even guys may want to "up their game" if they know they'll be seeing some cute girl later.

There are the gym showers if it's taking hours for a family to "get ready".

5 minutes to 2 hours. Smart parents set rules, especially when sharing small rooms. I have boys, they were always pretty quick.

Of course you could also ask how long it takes the adults to get ready. Some of our friends are quick, others it is a very long process.

Of course the question regards those kids who are old enough have their own routine (teens and pre teens).

How much time do they need in the room to get ready for dinner / theater? Is it just a quick shower and change of clothes, or do they take even longer than the parents to be "perfect"? Do they also have some rest or relax in the room before dinner like many adults do?

(I am just curious, not looking for advice)

For mine - daughter 17 and son 13, it would depend on the day and their mood (and Mom & Dad's). If it was elegant night it would take a little longer than a standard meal. If nothing appealed at MDR it might even take less time. Sometimes DD wants more done with her hair that could add time, but usually not. They haven't cruised with us yet but I would imagine they would want down time too - and like us on a busy port day might not have much time to relax before getting ready.

It wil depend on the kids, and if they're into the opposite sex yet! Girls especially will want to get all "done up" for evening, if they have their eye on some of the male passengers! Even guys may want to "up their game" if they know they'll be seeing some cute girl later.

There are the gym showers if it's taking hours for a family to "get ready".

:rolleyes: Not all kids base their fashion choices on other people (and some may never be "into" the opposite sex). My daughter will get all "done up" if she feels like it, not because of male passengers (or female) - although I could see peer pressure and not wanting to fell less done than the other girls affecting tween girls as much if not more than a random boy. Some guys like to be dressed up (or down) too, regardless of what others are doing.

I don’t know your children so impossible for me to help. The vanity is outside the bathroom though. Girls do make up and hair there, while someone else is in the shower
I don't need help. The question is just what YOUR kids usually do to get ready for dinner.

I don't need help. The question is just what YOUR kids usually do to get ready for dinner.

Well, that was rude. Please show me where you asked YOUR kids. I’ll make it easy for you. It DOESN’T.

Well, that was rude. Please show me where you asked YOUR kids. I’ll make it easy for you. It DOESN’T.
You are right, I forgot the word "your" when I wrote the question, but I did specify that I wasn't looking for advice. The question as it is written is confusing and unclear and that's why nobody gave the answer I expected.

I apologize, my mistake.

You are right, I forgot the word "your" when I wrote the question, but I did specify that I wasn't looking for advice. The question as it is written is confusing and unclear and that's why nobody gave the answer I expected.

I apologize, my mistake.

Thank you for the apology. Yes, your question was a tad confusing... Just hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!!

I have a 15 year old who takes as long as he can possibly get and then ten minutes more. Then he smells like axe. If he needs to shower (like after a day in port), 40 minutes is a safe bet.

The other ones I can shake into some clean clothes and hose down in about 20 minutes. The youngest has so little body fat that he wants to get dressed right away, for warmth if nothing else.