YC LeMuse food choices

agnesd

The Maitre d' made a pasta dish for lunch on sea days in the middle of Le Muse; it was fantastic! The best one was pasta Aglio e Olio. A carbonara was also delicious! This will sound odd but one of our favorite appetizers was the dim sum. Who knew an Italian line could do that so well?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Maitre d' made a pasta dish for lunch on sea days in the middle of Le Muse; it was fantastic! The best one was pasta Aglio e Olio. A carbonara was also delicious! This will sound odd but one of our favorite appetizers was the dim sum. Who knew an Italian line could do that so well?!

Was there anything you really didn't care for?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know, I'm a glass half full girl. I'm sure there were things I didn't care for...but we don't eat three full meals at home so if something didn't do it for me, I certainly wasn't going hungry!! You could always just go back to Top Sail and have something else!

We enjoyed the menu from Divina - beef, scallops, veal, chicken. I viewed the menu from Meraviglia and it was not as appealing to me. The best I could say is that I would have a chance to order foods I typically would not select - monkfish, mussels, etc. So the difference may not be quality as much as appeal and familiarity. I'm hoping Seaside is more like Divina but also am a glass half full girl - I can always get pizza and burgers!

Le muse has a choice of 5 entrees, 3 of which are on the menu each night and 2 rotate.

Usually a fish and a beef dish rotate.

The maitred makes pasta most evenings.

However I asked for something special on 2 occasions and only once did they accommodate me.

I asked for rack of lamb , which was on the menu 1 night, but that was the night we went to Eatly. they couldn't make it for me a different night

I also asked for a veal chop, which they gave me, but it wasn't what I had in mind--I wanted a 3-4 inch thick veal chop grilled. I got 2 1/2 inch chop cooked in a sauce..

But food was god portions on small size, but you can ask for more

We loved the food in Le Muse. Some nights the menu appealed more than others, but there was always something I wanted to try. And I'm glad I did! One of our favorite meals was swordfish wrapped around provola cheese with a zucchini cream for my husband. I had duck with a marsala sauce with caramelized figs and roasted pumpkins...absolutely delicious! Something I'd never make and probably not order at a restaurant. I love trying new foods on a cruise. Their pastas and risottos are wonderful. Always try whatever pasta or speciality the Maitre D' is preparing in the dining room. Their beef is also so tender and good. The only dishes I didn't care for personally were the ceaser salad, French onion soup (tasty but not oozing with cheese on top), and a beautifully prepared timbale of polenta but I found it to be plain.

There are actually 6 entrees each night - the 3 that change include a vegetarian dish.

We're sailing on Seaside next month and I'm very much looking forward to the food! Lol.

Some reviews mention great meals and some not so great. Does anyone have specifics. Much appreciated.

We found the menu delicious but a bit more limited than we found in main dining rooms on other ships. The pasta was amazing and there are always several dishes that are on the menu every night, such as chicken, steak and some others. I am a very picky eater and I didn't have a problem.

Hi AgnesD,

I am a foodie and have a background of culinary experience. We really enjoyed Le Muse...for the ambience, the wines, and especially the service which was fantastic.

The food was, for the most part, very good. You need to understand that any one item could be great one week and not so good the next. It all depends who is preparing it...and this changes from day to day.

There were always appetizers that held our interest at lunch and dinner. The various shrimp offerings were very good. The Asian offerings were also good...dumplings, spring rolls, etc. Some of the appetizers were surprisingly good. I was really surprised by the escargot...snails. They usually come out of a can and taste like it. (Snails are best in the Fall when they are fresh and come from a vineyard and have been living on the grape leaves. The best snails come fresh-frozen.)

The Italian pasta offerings were very good overall. There were a lot of Hits and a few Misses. The Misses were due to poor food handling...items left in the steam cabinet for too long, etc. That is why you hear of the duck being wonderful one week and horrible the next. I have no doubt that MSC will continue to improve as they go along. I do agree...they need to learn how to dress a Caesar Salad...and I am sure they will. The desserts were very good most times. We often ordered two or three and shared them. There was nothing that our waiter and assistant waiter and Maitre D did not want to give us...the service was superb. We enjoyed breakfast in Le Muse a few times. The croissants were the best I have had since the SS France! Every meal was followed by the best coffees I have ever had at sea! OBTW...we loved the smaller portions...got to try a few different items and did not gain any weight!!

MSC is having the usual growing pains and teething problems as their fleet expands. I am sure that they will continue to reach for new culinary heights. The Yacht Club experience is just getting fired up. I believe it will only improve over time.

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

Hi AgnesD,

I am a foodie and have a background of culinary experience. We really enjoyed Le Muse...for the ambience, the wines, and especially the service which was fantastic.

The food was, for the most part, very good. You need to understand that any one item could be great one week and not so good the next. It all depends who is preparing it...and this changes from day to day.

There were always appetizers that held our interest at lunch and dinner. The various shrimp offerings were very good. The Asian offerings were also good...dumplings, spring rolls, etc. Some of the appetizers were surprisingly good. I was really surprised by the escargot...snails. They usually come out of a can and taste like it. (Snails are best in the Fall when they are fresh and come from a vineyard and have been living on the grape leaves. The best snails come fresh-frozen.)

The Italian pasta offerings were very good overall. There were a lot of Hits and a few Misses. The Misses were due to poor food handling...items left in the steam cabinet for too long, etc. That is why you hear of the duck being wonderful one week and horrible the next. I have no doubt that MSC will continue to improve as they go along. I do agree...they need to learn how to dress a Caesar Salad...and I am sure they will. The desserts were very good most times. We often ordered two or three and shared them. There was nothing that our waiter and assistant waiter and Maitre D did not want to give us...the service was superb. We enjoyed breakfast in Le Muse a few times. The croissants were the best I have had since the SS France! Every meal was followed by the best coffees I have ever had at sea! OBTW...we loved the smaller portions...got to try a few different items and did not gain any weight!!

MSC is having the usual growing pains and teething problems as their fleet expands. I am sure that they will continue to reach for new culinary heights. The Yacht Club experience is just getting fired up. I believe it will only improve over time.

Thanks! Very helpful! Love escargot!