Carnival Magic--feels crowded?

bradysmom

I was just reading some responses in another thread comparing the magic to a RCCL ship, and a lot of the responses semmed to complain about the Magic feeling crowded.

I've read a lot of other threads where people have been more positive about the Magic, and love the ship.

My question is does the Magic feel crowded to you? Specifically around the pool?

What about the Aft pool, is that also "crowded"

We have only been on the Legend previously, and while it was busy, and people played the towel game at the pool, I never felt crowded, especially at the Aft pool? Just wondering if I will be disappointed with trying to enjoy the pools on the Magic.

Thanks!

I was just reading some responses in another thread comparing the magic to a RCCL ship, and a lot of the responses semmed to complain about the Magic feeling crowded.

I've read a lot of other threads where people have been more positive about the Magic, and love the ship.

My question is does the Magic feel crowded to you? Specifically around the pool?

What about the Aft pool, is that also "crowded"

We have only been on the Legend previously, and while it was busy, and people played the towel game at the pool, I never felt crowded, especially at the Aft pool? Just wondering if I will be disappointed with trying to enjoy the pools on the Magic.

Thanks!

Been on Magic 8 times, no problem, matter of opinion. May seem more crowded on spring break & summer, we don't cruise then Tom

Edited by texast518

I have been on the Magic twice in the past year. The aft pool never seemed crowded, nor did the Serenity Deck. The mid-ship pool area was more crowded.

Lines for the comedy show were crazy long.

Other than that it didn't seem crowded. I like the ship and have a June cruise booked on her.

It never seemed too crowded to me (with the exception of the drill before the ship leaves).

The nice thing about the magic is that it has lounging decks on the Promenade deck.

I guess all cruises are relatively crowded because where else are you going to go when your 50 miles out to sea???

My suggestion would be to get a balcony cabin. This way you can always have a secluded area to sit and relax if you're wanting to get away from everyone.

• 3 years later...
I have been on the Magic twice in the past year. The aft pool never seemed crowded, nor did the Serenity Deck. The mid-ship pool area was more crowded.

Lines for the comedy show were crazy long.

Other than that it didn't seem crowded. I like the ship and have a June cruise booked on her.

Thank you for the details! I'll be sailing the Magic in June of 2019 (first cruise for me), along with 19 of our family members. Not a fan of crowds though 8 days will go by quickly if I can escape to the Serenity deck and the aft pool! :)

Thank you for the details! I'll be sailing the Magic in June of 2019 (first cruise for me), along with 19 of our family members. Not a fan of crowds though 8 days will go by quickly if I can escape to the Serenity deck and the aft pool! :)

Just keep in mind this thread is over 4 years old. Things change over that many years.

I have posted this opinion on previous threads, but it is applicable here. Carnival lists the capacity of the Magic at 3690 passengers (2 per cabin). however, it almost never sails with this few passengers onboard. Typically it carries 4050 to 4700 passengers per cruise depending on the time of year and how many families are sailing.

I have been on all the Dream class ships a number of times. When the passenger count is below 4200 the crowding factor is not bothersome to me. At 4300 plus it seems much more crowded and has longer wait time. Most passengers will not be aware of how many other people are on their cruise.

We have been on Magic twice and never felt it was crowded other than times and places where other ships are crowded as well. There is a lot of areas to go and have seclusion. We always sail at time of year that school is in session so there is never a lot of kids and that no doubt will make any ship feel less crowded.

We have never been on the Magic but will be in 11 days. In our experience all ships can feel crowded at certain places and at certain times. This is a function of lots of people wanting to be in the same place at the same time and not necessarily of the ship's design although that can be a factor. We learn to avoid peak times at the public areas and are prepared to execute plan B if we find that we have picked wrongly. Even on full sailings we manage not to stand in line a lot by making our schedule a little off the norm.