Review: Grandeur 5 Night to Bermuda

alane10

Hi All! I have written my first cruise review!

https://familytimeadventure.com/cruise-reviews/grandeur-5-night-to-bermuda-6-30-2018/

I wasn't planning on writing the review while on the cruise, so not a ton of pics.

However, we will be on a cruise in 2 weeks on Anthem that I plan to review semi-live, and will make sure there are plenty pics for that one :)

I hope to post a new review every couple of weeks (I will do my best based on memory for some of them).

If there is anything in the reviews you would like to see, let me know!

We were on that same cruise in an aft JS balcony too ! (7152). We always enjoy the 5 day Bermuda cruises b/c we get so much bang for our vacation day buck (if we do this itin over a Federal holiday). We only have to take 2 vacation days and with the Friday night in Baltimore it actually turns into a 6 night vacation so it's a great utilization of our limited time. We are doing the same itin again in October over Columbus Day and we'll be in "your" room - 7656.

We were on that same cruise in an aft JS balcony too ! (7152). We always enjoy the 5 day Bermuda cruises b/c we get so much bang for our vacation day buck (if we do this itin over a Federal holiday). We only have to take 2 vacation days and with the Friday night in Baltimore it actually turns into a 6 night vacation so it's a great utilization of our limited time. We are doing the same itin again in October over Columbus Day and we'll be in "your" room - 7656.

Exactly! We actually live close enough to Baltimore that we are home by 9am on Thursday to start working. We are doing the 5 night Bermuda on Anthem over Labor Day, and back on Grandeur for Memorial Day. Perhaps we will be aft neighbors on a future cruise!

Your blog was great and it will also serve as a great memory for your family! Can you tell me what type of nightly shows there were aboard the ship?

Thank you!! Preserving those memories for my son was a big part of why I started.

Unfortunately, having a 3 year old who gets up early means we don't stay up late for the shows :(

I will definitely post pics of the cruise compass in future blogs to be able to share that info!

did you golf

We played mini-golf at Bermuda Fun Golf: http://www.fungolf.bm/

It is a really cool course with each hole based off famous courses. We will be back in a couple weeks, and I will post a pic of the scorecard, which is pretty neat.

We have just started taking my son to the range, so we are probably at least a year out before we take him to a real course. However, I do think Turtle Hill will be great for him. My husband and I played there about 4 years ago:

https://www.fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/golf/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/19/2018 at 8:21 PM, alane10 said:

If there is anything in the reviews you would like to see, let me know!

I'm thinking of doing a mommy and girls cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda this fall.  Any tips?  My girls will be 8 & 12 but the youngest is a year behind emotionally.  The beaches will be too cold so that is out but was wondering what else would be good for an active child.  I plan to spend one day in the dockyard but not sure of the other.

Any tips or hints on the ship would be great.

6 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

I'm thinking of doing a mommy and girls cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda this fall.  Any tips?  My girls will be 8 & 12 but the youngest is a year behind emotionally.  The beaches will be too cold so that is out but was wondering what else would be good for an active child.  I plan to spend one day in the dockyard but not sure of the other.

Any tips or hints on the ship would be great.

Bermuda Fun Golf at the Dockyard will be great for your day there. 

You can get to the aquarium via ferry to Hamilton then bus to aquarium. It’s not super big, but there are some neat animals there. 

Turtle Hill is a stunning par 3 golf course and you can rent clubs. However, if you all don’t golf, they also have FootGolf there were you basically kick a soccer ball through the course. I haven’t played there yet, but looking forward to taking our son!

The museum in the dockyard has big open spaces for wandering. Plus, you can watch the dolphins!

22 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Thank you, where do you see the dolphins?

Once you enter the museum, there is a big open courtyard. If you head to the right, you will see the signs for the dolphins. There is a playground with a big slide right near there too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, alane10 said:

Once you enter the museum, there is a big open courtyard. If you head to the right, you will see the signs for the dolphins. There is a playground with a big slide right near there too.

You can walk around this area in Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.3277897,-64.8326781,2a,90y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szwdabQdSmrvMTPjH0FbXTQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Thanks 1

Wonderful information!  I think I have a plan now.  I just have to figure out how to get there and check the hours on things.  That playground will help little one let off some energy. 

I'm going to review your blog again then I may have an additional question.