Customs/Debarkation with other family members

LisaGoeke

The six of us will be cruising with my mother and father. We will be driving to/from the port but my oldest daughter (16) will be flying with my parents (to help them out a bit). On debarkation day, we want to debark right away since we have an 18 hour drive home. Would my daughter be allowed to debark later with my parents (since they won't want to get off right away) or is the only way we'd have to do it is all debark together?

You should have no problem. The customs form is for everyone who lives at the same address so she may have to fill out a different one. But I think that will be a none issue with a minor. Ask at the front desk on the ship.

For customs, make sure that she has anything that she declares with her and not with you. For immigration, make sure that the grandparents have the documentation necessary that shows that they are allowed to travel internationally with her.

On other consideration...When checking in, are you all going to do it together, or will your daughter and the grandparents be checking in later? If your daughter's onboard account is on your credit card, one of you will need to be with her, with the card, when she checks in...EM

Great. It sounds like she won't have any problems staying behind on the ship while we get off right away. We are meeting up with them a few days before the cruise so she will be embarking with us. It's just when we disembark we want to go asap so we can hit the road and I know my parents would like to stay onboard for a while instead of spending their day hanging out at the airport doing nothing. I was mostly worried about her going through customs as the only family member but it looks like we'll be o.k. And yes, we will be getting a notarized letter giving her permission to travel with my parents. We did this several years ago when she cruised with them and everything went fine! Thanks for the tips!! :o

Archived