Youth Program on Escape for 3YO ASD Child?

JohnandSusieP

Hi!

We are heading on the Escape and I had some questions for anyone who has used the Youth Program. We never used it before. Thinking my son might like to interact with children for a little bit in structured activities. He does well in that environment.

1. Does anyone have a Daily for the Escape for 3 year old program?

2. Has anyone had there Autistic Child in the program?

3. Do children need to be potty trained to go to the kids program?

If anyone has any other information they would like to provide please let me know.

I first want to tell you that NCL has been amazing at helping us cruise with our son that is on the spectrum. There have been times that their kindness has brought tears to our eyes. They will do whatever they can to help you.

With that being said, at 3yo, he may be too young for their drop off program. When my son was younger(he is 17 now), they welcomed him with open arms.

I also believe that they need to be potty trained.

If I can help you in any way, please feel free to message me directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi!

We are heading on the Escape and I had some questions for anyone who has used the Youth Program. We never used it before. Thinking my son might like to interact with children for a little bit in structured activities. He does well in that environment.

1. Does anyone have a Daily for the Escape for 3 year old program?

2. Has anyone had there Autistic Child in the program?

3. Do children need to be potty trained to go to the kids program?

If anyone has any other information they would like to provide please let me know.

Call the Access desk before your sailing, they will be able to help with all your questions and the program will be ready for your child.

Is special-needs care provided in Guppies Nursery, Splash Academy or Entourage?

To ensure that children/teens and parents have an enjoyable vacation, and to assist those children/teens that require a little extra care, it is recommended that parents contact the access desk in advance of sailing for any medical special needs request by calling toll free 1-866-584-9756 or by sending an email to accessdesk@ncl.com.

This link has lots of information on those frequently asked questions about the program.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/youth-programs/faq

Turtles

3 – 5 Years

• Arts & Crafts and Painting
  • Circus School (Tiger Act)
  • Developmental Activities
  • Sensory Play
  • Storytelling
  • Parades/Treasure Hunts

Yes, you can drop off the 3 year old, no, they don't need to be potty trained-they do not change diapers though, they give you a pager if there are any accidents. Yes, they are usually pretty good with autistic children. Many of these questions are answered under the NCL website FAQ under kids program. Good luck. We are sailing in April with our 3&6 year old.

Thank you everyone.

Great on the Potty Training. He wears pull ups and is training but I know new element he is not going to ask to go. So I am good with a pager.

We are only planning 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the afternoon, so he can get out of the sun and pool and play with some other kids, and do activities. I think it will be great for him.

I did speak to access desk, and they said it all varies on how many kids they have if they would be able to take him because they do not do one on one, which I figured as much. I just need to make sure he can't get out of anywhere. I will check it out and see how comfortable I feel before I do anything. But I hear nothing but great things about it so I would like to see him have fun.

We are only planning 2 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the afternoon, so he can get out of the sun and pool and play with some other kids, and do activities. I think it will be great for him.

Unfortunately I don't think he will be allowed in the pool if he isn't potty trained.

He won't be able to leave on his own....no worries about that!

And it's true....kids in diapers are NOT allowed in any pool. Adults in diapers, either! NO diapers in any pool. I don't know if Getaway has a "splash" area for diapered kids.....

Edited by cb at sea

He won't be able to leave on his own....no worries about that!

And it's true....kids in diapers are NOT allowed in any pool. Adults in diapers, either! NO diapers in any pool. I don't know if Getaway has a "splash" area for diapered kids.....

We have been on the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape. First time we are using the kids club. The kids area/kids pool they can be in Swim Ups. Adults go in that pool, but it is a "kids" area designation. My son really just likes the water park area with the guns and slides and stuff. The kiddie area.

We have been on the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape. First time we are using the kids club. The kids area/kids pool they can be in Swim Ups. Adults go in that pool, but it is a "kids" area designation. My son really just likes the water park area with the guns and slides and stuff. The kiddie area.

Although it looks like kids should be able to wear diapers, they can't. The only cruise lines with splash areas for diapered kids are DCL and RVCL (only some ships). None of NCL's splash area are designed for swim diapers.