Bridge tour

SeasTheDay12

I feel a bit selfish asking if there’s any chance they might arrange the Bridge tour for the new Edge? Logic says NO WAY! Too much going on! But us having the chance to see a state of the art bridge and tech would be amazing!

Any thoughts? Besides it would be fantastic but NO WAY ;(

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel a bit selfish asking if there’s any chance they might arrange the Bridge tour for the new Edge? Logic says NO WAY! Too much going on! But us having the chance to see a state of the art bridge and tech would be amazing!

Any thoughts? Besides it would be fantastic but NO WAY ;(

Debra

Is it done on other ships? If so, is this a CC status perk or an excursion one can book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a tour you can purchase which includes galley, bridge and behind-the-scenes areas, and lunch in a specialty restaurant. Whether they will offer it on Edge is anybody’s guess at this stage. I believe the price is around $100.

There is a tour you can purchase which includes galley, bridge and behind-the-scenes areas, and lunch in a specialty restaurant. Whether they will offer it on Edge is anybody’s guess at this stage. I believe the price is around $100.

Pretty sure I've seen at least a picture of it on the cruise planner...but it's not something that interests me so I haven't clicked to see what happens.

The following tour is offered on my 7 night Edge cruise, not my 3 night preview cruises. It is $99 per person. My DH has done this on other cruises and enjoyed it. It doesn't look like this tour includes lunch (my DH went to Lawn Club Grill for lunch with some officers with his small group on his tour and loved it).

The Retreat Lounge Concierge will likely have Bridge tours (and more) for suite guests without a cost, as has happened on previous cruises.

Inside Access Behind the Scenes Tour

Overview

Discover the answers to a question we get asked on every voyage, “How does a ship so big run so smoothly?” Find out on a behind-the-scenes tour that reveals the technology, teamwork, and tons of supplies that go into creating your Celebrity Cruise. Start in the Main Dining Room with a little hands-on lesson from the staff, and then, visit the Main Galley to see how our culinary team artfully prepares about 25,000 meals for our guests and crew each and every day. It’s an impressive achievement, especially when you think about all the exotic flavors you get to enjoy in Modern Luxury style aboard your Celebrity Cruise ship. Next up, pop into provisioning for a jaw-dropping look at the sheer volume of ingredients it takes to make it all happen. Here’s a little preview. We go through roughly 8,500 lbs of watermelon on every cruise. Not to mention, 10,000 bananas and 32,000 potatoes (give or take a few). Continue to the Engine Control Room, where expert engineers monitor the ship’s engines and onboard machinery - 24/7. You’ll learn how the engines do more than turn the giant props. They power all our onboard systems, including air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and many others. This is the heart and soul of the cruise ship and you’ll enjoy a rare up-close look at how it operates. Afterwards, go for stroll down I-95, the “main highway” for the crew. It runs down the center of the ship and is named after the longest highway on the U.S. East Coast. Your next stop is Laundry, where thousands of items are cleaned and crisply folded every day– napkins to linens to beach towels. Marvel at massive machines that can hold 264 lbs. of laundry in every load. To put that in perspective, it’s like doing 14 loads of laundry in your machine at home all at once. The tour concludes with a real treat – a visit to the Bridge, where all the ship’s onboard systems are controlled. Step up and witness advanced navigation and communications equipment in action, and scan the sea from the same vantage point your Captain uses to chart the way. If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to run a cruise ship, this inside access tour provides plenty of answers, great insight, and a whole lot of excitement.

Edited by vtcruising

And Debra, don't forget about xray technology! This is a way you can see it for free. :D

Edge technology announcement from last year:

"X-Ray Vision is no longer only achieved in sci-fi fi lms, it’s a reality. Using a system of high defi nition cameras and a peer-to-peer network with no latency for video transmission triggered by icons, guests will be able to peek behind walls and closed doors of some of the selected locales onboard, such as the bridge, the engine room, or even the anchor."

If they offer a Bridge Tour at all on Edge sometimes they invite people who are Elite or Elite+ CC members, or people in premium suites. Once on board check with the MC concierge or the CC Host to see if they are coordinating bridge tours.

We were on Reflection's second cruise and I asked if there would be a bridge tour during the cruise. I was told that they never hold bridge tours for the first few cruises because they are still becoming familiar with the ship's operations and are still fine tuning the processes to run it.

I have asked for and been invited to three bridge tours on Celebrity ships, and had a tour of the bridge during a Princess paid Ultimate Ship Tour.

Thanks for the info vtcruising!

Your knowledge of so many questions proves you MAY already already have the X-ray technology! LOL ( are we related?)

I am Elite Plus and on my way to Zenith and have been lucky enough between Capt Club status offers and suites to get some free tours onboard. But I have paid for many as well. Different ships, different set ups.

My question really has to do with it being an inaugural cruise with an abnormal amount of things going on and question if they have the time or effort to do it ?

The 3 day is no surprise it would not be offered. But I sure hope the good news you provided “vt” stays a possibility!!!

These tours can be pricey and definitely may not be of interest to many people. I am fascinated by what goes on to make everything run behind the scenes! AND I am married to a marine engineer - needless to say- wants to know everything! Since I am cruising and he is home working, I hope I get pictures and a peak of new innovations of a beautiful new cruise ship!

I owe you a coffee or some wine Vtcruising! Thanks for the details and my fingers are crossed!

I’m doing a BTB on Edge Dec 6 and Dec 9. Can’t wait!

Debra

Thanks for the info vtcruising!

Your knowledge of so many questions proves you MAY already already have the X-ray technology! LOL ( are we related?)

I am Elite Plus and on my way to Zenith and have been lucky enough between Capt Club status offers and suites to get some free tours onboard. But I have paid for many as well. Different ships, different set ups.

My question really has to do with it being an inaugural cruise with an abnormal amount of things going on and question if they have the time or effort to do it ?

The 3 day is no surprise it would not be offered. But I sure hope the good news you provided “vt” stays a possibility!!!

These tours can be pricey and definitely may not be of interest to many people. I am fascinated by what goes on to make everything run behind the scenes! AND I am married to a marine engineer - needless to say- wants to know everything! Since I am cruising and he is home working, I hope I get pictures and a peak of new innovations of a beautiful new cruise ship!

I owe you a coffee or some wine Vtcruising! Thanks for the details and my fingers are crossed!

I’m doing a BTB on Edge Dec 6 and Dec 9. Can’t wait!

Debra

Debra:

It won't hurt to ask the Retreat Lounge Concierges about a bridge tour on the Dec 6th cruise - who knows, maybe they will do some sort of modified visit. I will ask, but if they can't, I will have my iphone to look at the Bridge with xray vision (I am being a bit sarcastic because I am having trouble believing that technology will be up and running by then - or ever, if it is anything like the website ;)). We also will probably do the $99 tour on our January cruise, if we can't do a tour in December. I want to see every inch of this ship that I can!

It is cool that your DH is a marine engineer - I hope you will be able to send him lots of pictures.

We definitely should have a glass of wine onboard - maybe at the Retreat Lounge? My DH just doesn't get my Edge excitement so it will be wonderful to meet all the Edge fans onboard and see what everyone thinks about the ship. Maybe we should have an Edge Fan Club meeting onboard. :D

vt, I am all for it! Or several glasses!

Jan cruise too? I’m jealous.

On all counts! My husband is ALL TECH and mechanical so a friend liking all about the Edge - it is a huge perk for me!

I became friends with officers that in humor pulled me aside asking “why” I needed pictures of stairs outside? Outdoor security camera pics. Lol They seemed serious and pulled off the scare! I showed them my camera and they covered their faces. TOO funny!

Good thing there’s no brig! So now it’s a repeated tease when I see them again!

Reach me also at drannafarmsATmsnDOTcom.

The long wait is really tough. Glad so many looking into details with us![emoji106]

We were on Reflection's second cruise and I asked if there would be a bridge tour during the cruise. I was told that they never hold bridge tours for the first few cruises because they are still becoming familiar with the ship's operations and are still fine tuning the processes to run it.

I have asked for and been invited to three bridge tours on Celebrity ships, and had a tour of the bridge during a Princess paid Ultimate Ship Tour.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense - I won't go with expectations (but still will ask just in case :D).

vt, I am all for it! Or several glasses!

Jan cruise too? I’m jealous.

On all counts! My husband is ALL TECH and mechanical so a friend liking all about the Edge - it is a huge perk for me!

I became friends with officers that in humor pulled me aside asking “why” I needed pictures of stairs outside? Outdoor security camera pics. Lol They seemed serious and pulled off the scare! I showed them my camera and they covered their faces. TOO funny!

Good thing there’s no brig! So now it’s a repeated tease when I see them again!

Reach me also at drannafarmsATmsnDOTcom.

The long wait is really tough. Glad so many looking into details with us![emoji106]

I'm glad you weren't made to walk the plank! ;)

Will make arrangements to meet onboard - I'll also go to our roll call to see if other Over the Edge fanatics want to meet sometime to talk Edge. Maybe after our cabin crawl. :D

Great idea vtcruising and/ or even specialty coffees!

Do you know if there is an updated link to the announced officers and top positions filled onboard? Also Would be great if they had an “event” in the theatre with slides of construction and the end of the story getting the Edge to us! Of course that could make more fanatics [emoji15]

Thanks again for your valuable information.

Great idea vtcruising and/ or even specialty coffees!

Do you know if there is an updated link to the announced officers and top positions filled onboard? Also Would be great if they had an “event” in the theatre with slides of construction and the end of the story getting the Edge to us! Of course that could make more fanatics [emoji15]

Thanks again for your valuable information.

That’s a neat idea about having a construction presentation. I wonder if they will do something special along those lines.

Is the link about the officers on Arno’s thread? I saw his chart was filled in a bit. Whoever we have are bound to be some of the best.[emoji2]

Arno’s chart has only a few posted! (Thank goodness Arno does this for us ! keeps us knowledgeable on crew. Great crew members AND officers have their own following!

Celebrity seems to be closely guarding these decisions or struggling to finalize the best of the best !!!and I expect some are not yet definite. With training and crew changes time consuming to fulfill time wise, they are up against a wall coming! OR

Maybe they want us to keep guessing [emoji32]

I’m fast approaching brain freeze on everything “Edge”!