Tipping with moving a passenger question

Hinano

I hope this makes sense. Leaving on the Miracle soon. Two balcony cabins with 4 in each room. My cabin has myself, daughter, granddaughter and grandson. My son, the father of my grandchildren couldn't go...until a month or so ago. I was able to get him an inside (but it is actually an outside, obstructed view with floor to ceiling windows). I paid the single supplement or whatever we are calling it today and had just planned on moving his son in with him. I've pre-paid tips but obviously there are four in my room and only one in my son's room. The cabin stewards will be different and my son's cabin steward will now have double duty. Will GS let me move my GS's tips to my son's room. Jeez, I really hope this made sense. Thanks.

I see what you're saying. Maybe once you board you can ask at guest services. If his gratuities can't be moved, I'd suggest, to be fair to the burdened steward, you suck it up and tip in cash the money he'd be losing out on.

On further thought, you could remove the boy's tips who'll be staying with Dad and go to guest services and double the tips you paid for your son. Clear as mud?

Good idea...thank you!!!

You MIGHT could just remove the child from your room and put in dad's room before the cruise. That would likely decrease your cabin cost while dad's would remain the same since you're paying double occupancy for dad's cabin anyway.

You MIGHT could just remove the child from your room and put in dad's room before the cruise. That would likely decrease your cabin cost while dad's would remain the same since you're paying double occupancy for dad's cabin anyway.

Even more ideal but we are early saver, talks of having us have to move cabins, fees...just wasn't worth it. I guess the main point of the question was...how do I compensate the new room steward and now I have options. :D

We knew we would be playing musical cabins one cruise so that was the only time we didn’t prepay. You could always get those refunded and then just have them bill your accounts on the ship once everyone gets moved around. You’re going to have to go to GS anyway to get room keys switched.

Even more ideal but we are early saver, talks of having us have to move cabins, fees...just wasn't worth it. I guess the main point of the question was...how do I compensate the new room steward and now I have options. :D

i think in this case it would be different as the son was a 3rd or 4th passenger in the room paying a lower rate. and moving to a cabin as a 2nd. You have nothing to lose by calling to see if this can be done