Alaska Cruise Hot chocolate question

I read somwhere that they serve hot chocolate on deck on the Alaska cruises. Are these complimentary? I know the ones spiked with booze aren't. I'm assuming they are not part of the soda card. Is there somewhere we can get plain hot water?

I read somwhere that they serve hot chocolate on deck on the Alaska cruises. Are these complimentary? I know the ones spiked with booze aren't. I'm assuming they are not part of the soda card. Is there somewhere we can get plain hot water?

The last time we did an Alaska cruise they were servering complimentary hot chocolate on the decks while were cruising Hubbard glaicer. You had to pay if you wanted to upgrade to the high octane version, but other than that there was no charge. This was about 5 years ago.

Hope this helps....

OMG! You MUST try a "Peppermint Patty"! I think it is hot chocolate with peppermint schnops (spelling)?? They are real tasty and warm you up very well. Served in a thermal mug, different from the soda mug, and very, very yummy! The "Booze Mama" on the Serenade will come along on the deck with her rolling cart and serve you whatever you want! They have nice toasty warm blankets out on deck on Glacier Day as well. It is great! ENJOY!

They served Hot Chocolate free on deck at Hubbard Glacier. They always had hot water at the drink station at Windjammer. Sometimes they had hot chocolate packets out there. Sometimes we had to ask for them. I suggest bringing your own packets. They always have the hot water ready.

OMG! You MUST try a "Peppermint Patty"! I think it is hot chocolate with peppermint schnops (spelling)?? They are real tasty and warm you up very well. Served in a thermal mug, different from the soda mug, and very, very yummy! The "Booze Mama" on the Serenade will come along on the deck with her rolling cart and serve you whatever you want! They have nice toasty warm blankets out on deck on Glacier Day as well. It is great! ENJOY!

Wow. I didn't realize the amenities on an Alaskan cruise! I'm sold. I think I'll have to book one for next year. Thanks for your info...

This might help too!!

IMG_2485.jpg

Sue,

Thanks! You have now completed the entire picture in my mind. If I look closely, I can see myself on the top deck with that "Peppermint Pattie" cocoa!

Seriously, thanks for the picture. This, along with the other pictures of Alaska I have seen make an Alaska cruise a top priority on my "to-do" list.

I dont remember free hot cocoa,but I do remember them selling the insulated coffee mugs with something in them?? :confused: :confused: This was in 04.....

On Serenade last season same thing - I don't remember 'to go' cups, but I do remember them selling the hot chocolate with our without the good stuff in theinsulated coffee mugs - we had ours with Bailey's after we did our walk around the deck - perfect way to warm up.

Archived