RCCL sales? yeah right

PCWalton1

What gets me is that this is not my definition of a "sale". A sale means money off the base price. This keeps the base price the same (which is inflated IMO). Sure, you get OBC, but you're basically just buying it ahead of time and giving RCL a big chunk of your money to play with before you sail. And once you're onboard the ship, if you don't use it, you lose it. That's not a sale.

For example, when I booked my cruise on FOS for 2016, I paid $1,510 base price for a JS, plus I got 1/2 off the second person under the BOGOHO. Now the price is $1,825 per person PLUS $500 for the OBC for a total of $1,955 per person. Some sale, right?

Edited by shutterbug63

What gets me is that this is not my definition of a "sale". A sale means money off the base price. This keeps the base price the same (which is inflated IMO). Sure, you get OBC, but you're basically just buying it ahead of time and giving RCL a big chunk of your money to play with before you sail. And once you're onboard the ship, if you don't use it, you lose it. That's not a sale.

exactly.... its a fake sale for people who are not paying attention.

RCCL is hoping you dont use all the OBC and if you do- they still get all your money

For example, when I booked my cruise on FOS for 2016, I paid $1,510 base price for a JS, plus I got 1/2 off the second person under the BOGOHO. Now the price is $1,825 per person PLUS $500 for the OBC for a total of $1,955 per person. Some sale, right?

This current promotion which runs from November 1-16 is not being called a sale. They're referring to it as an "On Board Credit Offer"

But, I am happy with the $1266($Canadian) pp rate for a 8 day cruise in an E1 aft... So I am not complaining.. it's just that I can't find myself getting excited over Royal's new offerings.

I hope you have pre-paid your final payment now that the CDN$ tumbled yesterday. :mad:

This will make RCL's pricing structure even more important to Canadians as we're paying a further 15% surchage on US pricing today. In the past seems to me that RCL changes CDN pricing to reflect exchange rates to make it "somewhat" reasonable in comparison to the US pricing, but if they don't going forward and if other cruise lines (Princess, MSC Divina) are so much less expensive ongoing there's another whole wack of dough I'll be putting in my pocket rather than paying the banks an exchange rate just to sail RCL at these prices :(

I hope you have pre-paid your final payment now that the CDN$ tumbled yesterday.

This will make RCL's pricing structure even more important to Canadians as we're paying a further 15% surchage on US pricing today. In the past seems to me that RCL changes CDN pricing to reflect exchange rates to make it "somewhat" reasonable in comparison to the US pricing, but if they don't going forward and if other cruise lines (Princess, MSC Divina) are so much less expensive ongoing there's another whole wack of dough I'll be putting in my pocket rather than paying the banks an exchange rate just to sail RCL at these prices :(

Oh, and this definitely isn't RCL's fault but flight costs in the US have become outrageous. Very early on I was lucky to find a "decently" priced FLL flight for my Legend cruise in March (only avail for 3 days until it went way up in price), but today all flights for all carriers for my cruise dates are up over $300pp ($800 now cheapest per person). Many on our roll call are trying to wait it out, but it has only risen $10-$20 each week. I flew to Rome for only $500 more than current FLL pricing :eek:

Add this flight cost issue, the CDN$ exchange, and now this RCL pricing model... :mad::eek::mad::eek:

Oh, and this definitely isn't RCL's fault but flight costs in the US have become outrageous. Very early on I was lucky to find a "decently" priced FLL flight for my Legend cruise in March (only avail for 3 days until it went way up in price), but today all flights for all carriers for my cruise dates are up over $300pp ($800 now cheapest per person). Many on our roll call are trying to wait it out, but it has only risen $10-$20 each week. I flew to Rome for only $500 more than current FLL pricing :eek:

Add this flight cost issue, the CDN$ exchange, and now this RCL pricing model... :mad::eek::mad::eek:

Curious to see where airfares go in the near future with oil/fuel prices tanking. The airlines are always quick to blame fuel costs for high fares. Now, without that excuse at their disposal, let's see what happens.

Edited by mcd2745

Went down to book same room on brilliance ots repo. Paid 3200. With tips this year to book same room next year 5050.00. Not going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it were me, I would go ahead and book it on board to get the cabin you want and the onboard credit, then reprice it if the fare drops. You can always cancel before final payment if it doesn't come down in price

Edited by slk230red