Explorer of the Seas?

NanaL

Explorer is still a beautiful ship. You have to look hard for wear, like on the furniture. That is the place where there is most wear, in my opinion. But she still shines with the best of them and they are constantly cleaning glass and brass. I just got off her this past Thursday and she is still an absolutely beautiful ship with a great crew!!

My wife and I just returned from the 11/4/12 sailing of the EOS. The ship has held up extremely well. All they public areas we saw looked well kept. They were replacing carpet on level 8 outside RCCL Online. It looked as though this may be ongoing as the carpet the same on other levels. Our room was in very good condition. (RM #8371). I would say for going on 13 years old and the amount of use it gets it's in very very good condition.

My wife and I just returned from the 11/4/12 sailing of the EOS. The ship has held up extremely well. All they public areas we saw looked well kept. They were replacing carpet on level 8 outside RCCL Online. It looked as though this may be ongoing as the carpet the same on other levels. Our room was in very good condition. (RM #8371). I would say for going on 13 years old and the amount of use it gets it's in very very good condition.

You were right down the hall from us, we were 8256! We're you the ones with the Cruise Critic sign on your door?

We enjoyed the Explorer last April and felt she was in excellent condition. Royal does a great job in maintenance and is always cleaning, scrubbing, replacing worn items. Yes, the deck chairs may appear old, but they take the broken one out of service. You can see them stored in the front of the shop behind the crew wall. Don't let a feeling of age of the ship affect any decision.

Just returned from the hurricane run to Bermuda. Ship was in excellent condition, looks as if carpets have been replaced in most public areas, many balcony staterooms on the starboard side will have new carpet also. :D

RCCL seems to be proactive at keeping the ship in decent shape.

So glad to hear these positive comments. We are going on the Dec 13 sailing. From all that I have read, Explorer seems to be a beloved ship. As a hopeless romantic, that sounds good to me.

The only issue I have with the Explorer is that the Solarium is not enclosed. That is huge on a fall or winter cruise. It will not be warm enough to use the pools for at leadt 2 days out. [i live in VA and it was 38 this morning.] You will need to get to FL before it is warm.

Hi Christie, I also just got off that cruise. Looking at your photo, were you the girl with the knee brace?

Nope, no knee brace for me! :)

So glad to hear these positive comments. We are going on the Dec 13 sailing. From all that I have read, Explorer seems to be a beloved ship. As a hopeless romantic, that sounds good to me.

Explorer definitely is beloved. When we were on her last year, the loyalty ambassador said that out of the entire fleet, Explorer has the most loyal following. And for good reason! :D

Nope, no knee brace for me! :)

Explorer definitely is beloved. When we were on her last year, the loyalty ambassador said that out of the entire fleet, Explorer has the most loyal following. And for good reason! :D

Did Carlos move on to another ship?

Archived