Fort Lauderdale Hotel: choices, choices, choices!

Wmp7

Usually, we stay at the Pillars in Ft. Lauderdale, and we love it there. The only drawback: it's not beachfront.

We are looking for a different hotel/ resort that is beachfront for our upcoming stay.

We have narrowed down our search to three:

1) Lago Mar

2) Marriott Harbor Beach

3) Margaritaville (maybe)

Would those of you that have stayed at or have experience with any of these three resorts please share your thoughts?

About us: couple, early-30s; no children

Our top priorities for a hotel/ resort are:

- Nice clean beach

- Beach service (cocktail and/ or food service on the beach)

- Clean, comfortable rooms

- Good options for dining on premises or nearby

Thanks for your advice!

Someone will correct me if wrong...but as all beaches in the city limits of Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood are public property--even those at oceanfront hotels--alcohol cannot be served to someone in a beach chair on the sand, only at the pool or pool bar. Technically it is illegal to even posess alcohol on a beach in Broward county--but that's why you save those Big Gulp cups.

As for your three options, there are pros and cons for each. Margaritavill is much newer than the other two and priced accordingly, but there is actually little beach view from the property. I would take its Hollywood Broadwalk location over the more commercial Ft Lauderdale beach, but you will find more high end shops and restaurants (of the touristy franchise variety) near the other two.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Might be worth calling just to verify, but I am almost certain Margaritaville will serve you drinks right on the beach and it's allowed in their designated area.

My selection, especially because of your age, would be Margaritaville. They have the beach, flowrider,clamshell live music venue, restaurant, and right on the broadwalk. Plus they have 5'O Clock on the intracoastal, too. The pool has a waterfall and slide, plus a roof top adults only pool and bar.

You also get 2 chairs and an umbrella included at Margaritaville to enjoy the beach.

That said, Harbor Beach is nice and full featured, but older and not as Caribbean super-tropical resort type vibe. It's also in a quieter area.

Edited by BNBR

I have been a guest at Marriott Harbor Beach and have booked an additional stay in January, 2019. I have no knowledge of alcohol or food policies on the beach, but such offerings are available on the hotel property, i.e. pool and outdoor areas. It is a delightful resort, service is excellent, food options at the different venues are plentiful. (Ocean 3030 ought to be tried if one likes their menu.) An oceanfront room allows one to easily watch the cruise ship departures from Port Everglades. And, it is not to far of a walk down the beach to get to the Port inlet to watch the ships sail up-close and personal. (Highly recommended by me!)

Usually, we stay at the Pillars in Ft. Lauderdale, and we love it there. The only drawback: it's not beachfront.

We are looking for a different hotel/ resort that is beachfront for our upcoming stay.

We have narrowed down our search to three:

1) Lago Mar

2) Marriott Harbor Beach

3) Margaritaville (may

Would those of you that have stayed at or have experience with any of these three resorts please share your thoughts?

About us: couple, early-30s; no children

Our top priorities for a hotel/ resort are:

- Nice clean beach

- Beach service (cocktail and/ or food service on the beach)

- Clean, comfortable rooms

- Good options for dining on premises or nearby

Thanks for your advice!

I would choose Lago Mar. We stay there every time we cruise out of either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. They have a very nice private beach where you can go down and sit on the rocks and watch the cruise ships sail in and out of the port. I don't think they serve food or drink on the beach since the alcohol is not allowed. You may want to check with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, this is a bit of topic but anyone happen to know a good hotel in Fort Lauderdale with self service laudrette? We are doing three cruises in a row and we have one night between the cruises and we would like to get some laudry done... thanks!!

Hey all, this is a bit of topic but anyone happen to know a good hotel in Fort Lauderdale with self service laudrette? We are doing three cruises in a row and we have one night between the cruises and we would like to get some laudry done... thanks!!

Good morning. We stayed at Extended Stay recently. Pretty decent and very affordable. Ironing board in the rooms also. It is on 17 Street which is where everything is in walking distance. They have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport, take you to the cruise port and pick you up! Not a fancy hotel, but very clean and very nice employees. Yes, laundry facilities on the premises. Here is the link:

https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fl/fort-lauderdale/cruiseport-airport