Epic or Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove

js

Hi.

We will be sailing out of Port of Miami although we fly into FLL.

I want us to stay in Miami, not Fort Lauderdale and as of today, think I have

narrowed my search to Epic or Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove.

Which of above two would you suggest? It will be just my mom and I (leaving my family at home)

and it would be best if we could eat on premises. We will also spend our two days just relaxing by the pool. Our favorite pre-cruise hotel and weekend getaway is the Biltmore but right now it is a couple of hundred dollars more than Epic and Ritz.

Give above, which would you prefer or do you have another hotel to throw into the mix?

Thank you all very much.

I love me some Kimpton hotels and Epic is pretty nice...gotta love the free wine hour. It's closer to the pier as well.

I've stayed at the RC too but it's been several years. I did not eat at the Epic, I went out..plenty of spots a quick Uber away. Food wasn't cheap at either place. I was at Epic on Halloween and it was busy and VERY crowded. (The whole city was, but I digress)

I did see the pool but didn't swim since it was yucky. I did have a nice view of the water though and downtown.

My fave hotel in that area is just across from the Epic and that's the JW Marriott Marquis. It's amazingly wonderful! (there is another JW Marriott in Brickell, the one I am referring to is different...)

Hope that helps...it's been a while since I've been to the Ritz Carlton. The service may be better than at Epic but you can't go wrong with either. I'd stay at both again. My stay at Epic was good, though I attribute some of the minor issues I had to the fact that it was Halloween and there were a LOT of partiers. (Mostly minor service issues, and a slight issue with cleanliness...)

Both are great hotels and would be wonderful to stay at.

Epic is right in the downtown area and will not only offer you great dining in the hotel but a wonderful restaurant right across the street at the Marriott Marquis. That being said, there will be a lot more noise at this hotel since it is downtown and right on the road. You will also hear the traffic going across the bridge if your room faces that way. There is some construction going on in the area as well.

The Ritz Carlton is a wonderful hotel. It's also going to be nice and quiet and perfect for relaxing. I think it's a wonderful hotel.

I would also throw in looking at The East Hotel at Brickell Citi Centre because they not only do they have a wonderful restaurant but being in Brickell Citi Centre would offer you more options for dining you don't mind taking an elevator down. The pool is really nice.

Are you looking to do anything else besides enjoy the pool and eat in the hotel? If that's all you are looking for, then the Ritz would without a doubt be the most peaceful out of all the hotels. If you are looking to be able to walk to other restaurants or get to things easily like the Perez Art Museum for instance, then the Epic would be great.

I would also caution you on the Epic Hotel. If you stay on a club floor room you will be on a higher floor and not bothered by the noise of the bridge but if you select one of the lower priced rooms you might be on the side facing the bridge and it can be very noisy. We stayed at the Epic hotel but in a club floor room.

I also agree that the Ritz would be more peaceful given its location in Coconut Grove. I am familiar with the property.

I am not sure what pricing you are looking at but I want to add another hotel and that is the Four Seasons Hotel on Brickell. Quiet location. Has restaurants to eat at the hotel. Also very close to lots of restaurants and shopping. They have a very nice pool in the back of the property.

Keith

I would also caution you on the Epic Hotel. If you stay on a club floor room you will be on a higher floor and not bothered by the noise of the bridge but if you select one of the lower priced rooms you might be on the side facing the bridge and it can be very noisy. We stayed at the Epic hotel but in a club floor room.

I also agree that the Ritz would be more peaceful given its location in Coconut Grove. I am familiar with the property.

I am not sure what pricing you are looking at but I want to add another hotel and that is the Four Seasons Hotel on Brickell. Quiet location. Has restaurants to eat at the hotel. Also very close to lots of restaurants and shopping. They have a very nice pool in the back of the property.

Keith

Four Seasons is the greatest! Love that pool.

My friend from NYC is coming for a visit so I will be enjoying that great pool from July 2-4 when he is a guest.

2 hotels, 2 different worlds.

RC will be secluded and calm while Epic will be lively and right in the middle of Downtown.

If you want to have diner on site, Epic takes the lead with Zuma which is a great restaurant. Epic also as the advantage to be very close to Port Miami.

So if you are looking for tranquility, RC (I would prefer Four Seasons downtown Miami) is a great option.

If you prefer great food and livelier atmosphere, Epic is great.

If you don't want to leave the property and just want to sit by the pool in quite pick the RC. I would also expand your search to other hotels if the price is right, like the in Key Biscayne or Bal Harbour.

If you want lots of things to do, be close to the port and endless dinning options go with the Epic. I would also highly suggest the 4-season and East Miami if the prices are right.

The Epic has some construction going on, so ask the staff about that.

Thank you all so much!

We love the Biltmore and found today on lmtclub the prices went down and was able to

get our two nights, including breakfast and free cancellation, for $900+ so I booked it.

Will keep your comments about the other hotels for when my dh and travel on our own/with my family (this trip is just my mom and me).

Thank you again!